cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Chat

Lori4
Listener

Hi.  Can we configure our Chat so that only the Host and Co-hosts can see it?  We do not want the chat visible to the meeting participants. 

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hey, @Lori4,

I assume you mean Meeting Chat.  Unfortunately, there's no way to limit chats by the host to just Hosts and Co-Hosts.  This is the case even with Chat settings set to "Participant can chat with No One":

Ray_Harwood_1-1668981237552.png

As you can see here, the message is visible from me to the Co-Host and both Attendees:

Ray_Harwood_0-1668981183106.png

In the past when I've wanted "special communication channels", I've used a private Discord channel open only to the selected folks that need to communicate.  It complicates things a little -- especially for Discord newbies -- but most of the people I produce for that need this level of special communication are technical enough and nimble enough on their computer to be able to do this.

Not sure what the use case is -- are you trying just to not bother the participants, or is there "confidential communication" that you don't want them to have access to?

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Frank_TB

You can private message each other in a meeting chat if enabled. This may not be exactly what you want though?

Send a private message

If the host has enabled private chat, participants can communicate with each other privately in the meeting. Hosts can't see private chats between participants. 

1. While in a meeting, click Chat 

in the meeting controls.
  2. In the To: drop-down menu, select the participant you want to chat with directly.
  3. Enter your message in the chat window.
  4. Press Enter to send your private message.
    Your message will appear in the chat window indicated by a (Direct Message) notification above the message.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/203650445-Chatting-in-a-Zoom-meeting