cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Bug

teddy7
Listener

I installed to latest version, (for laptop) with the Apr. 29th update.

During the meeting, I went to answer back a "chat", and at the same time, it was showing "Raise Hand".

I feel this is a bug.

5 REPLIES 5

JepZoomie
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

A raised hand is a feature that participants can use during the meeting, it is not a bug.

JepZoomie_0-1651430071107.png

It's commonly used for a question-and-answer discussion type of meeting. Those who raise their hands first will be displayed first, so basically, those who raise their hands will be shown in order or chronological manner.

No, you don't understand.  I was not raising my hand, I clicked on "chat" to answer a Brothers question,

I WAS NOT trying to answer.

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

I think one of @JepZoomie’s points is that the Raised Hand feature doesn’t come on by itself, and never defaults to On. You might have clicked it inadvertently.  If you find it always comes on without your action, you need to provide us with more details about your setup, what occurred before this happened, etc., so we can help figure out why this happens. At this point, we don’t have enough info. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

I can't send a screen shot since I do not show my "Raise Hand" at my end.

Also, I can't answer since I can't speak. When I hit the "Chat", my wife saw

my "Raise Hand", but no indication on my laptop.  As soon as I finished my

reply to the Brother, and I hit send, it then showed on my wife's laptop

that my "Raise Hand" went away. I truly believe that this is a bug in the

Apr. 29th release.

JepZoomie

@Ray_Harwood Thanks,

@teddy7 Sorry if I haven't got your concern correctly. if you can try replicating the issue, it would be best if you can send some screenshots as well or kindly provide more detailed information.