cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Breakout Rooms

eedwards
Listener

Hello.  I am using the breakout rooms for weekly workshops and I do random room assignments.  When I open the rooms and individuals join, there are usually a few that join but then are not joined all of a sudden?  As the host, when I select the breakout room list, I see everyone assigned but the person having trouble cannot re-access access their room.  I see their name in the assigned room but it is in grey lettering and (not joined) next to their name.  I try to give them access to the room again but I cannot since they are listed in that particular room but they cannot rejoin the room on their end.  The person will tell me who they were in the room with so they technically joined but no longer are in the room.  Is that on the room attendee's end where they can rejoin the room on their own since I cannot reassign them to the room?  I hover the mouse over their name and that particular room is missing in the available list.    Thank you for any help or insight!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

david-vola
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

Hi again @eedwards ,

This version also have the users who participate in the break rooms? What devices are these users using? since you can see limitations as indicated on the support page.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206476313-Managing-breakout-rooms

* While both the host and any co-hosts have the ability to assign participants to breakout rooms, only the first submitted set of assignments will be accepted upon clicking Open All Rooms. 

Users joined into the Zoom meeting from the Zoom Mobile App or H.323/SIP devices can participate in breakout rooms, but cannot manage them.

pay special attention to the requirements based on what the host does in the room and the actions that users can perform, depending on the version or device they use.

Keep in touch!

Best regards,

Please mark if this solution helped you so that other colleagues can find it!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

david-vola

Hi @eedwards ,

Can you check the version of zoom they use and the devices used by those users that give you problems?

You can review the necessary specifications at the following url:

Manage breakout rooms 

Best regards,😊

eedwards
Listener

@david-vola Thank you for the insight.  It is appreciated.  I wrote down version 5.11.4 so I *think* that's up-to-date.  I just find it weird that participants wouldn't be able to re-join the room or I can't re-assign them to their original room as the host.  Also, I appreciated the video link.  I did watch it before but it didn't quite help me.  I did include a picture to show what I'm talking about.  When I hover over their names, I cannot reassign them to a room nor do they see an option to rejoin a room - unless we're just missing something.  Again, many thanks!

david-vola

Hi again @eedwards ,

This version also have the users who participate in the break rooms? What devices are these users using? since you can see limitations as indicated on the support page.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206476313-Managing-breakout-rooms

* While both the host and any co-hosts have the ability to assign participants to breakout rooms, only the first submitted set of assignments will be accepted upon clicking Open All Rooms. 

Users joined into the Zoom meeting from the Zoom Mobile App or H.323/SIP devices can participate in breakout rooms, but cannot manage them.

pay special attention to the requirements based on what the host does in the room and the actions that users can perform, depending on the version or device they use.

Keep in touch!

Best regards,

eedwards
Listener

@david-vola I really appreciate the reply!  Thank you! We are all on Dell laptops so we're working on the Windows version.  As you mentioned, "only the first submitted set of assignments will be accepted upon clicking Open All Rooms", that would make a lot of sense why the person(s) couldn't get back into the same room.  Still odd that they join the room and then are "kicked out" or disconnected from the breakout room for whatever reason.  It's possible user error but I just end up re-assigning them to a different room and everything works out.

This was very helpful and I will review the link you provided.  Thank you for taking your time to talk to me about this.  It is appreciated! 

eedwards
Listener

It's Windows 10 Pro we work on.