cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Apps can't be used in a meeting with registration

StefanScherbik
Participant

I noticed that when you schedule a meeting using Registration, Zoom Apps is only available for the host of the meeting.  Everyone else does not have the Apps button available in that meeting.  Even if you assign someone else as the co-host, they still don't get the Apps button.  All of my users have Apps in regular meetings, but for some reason, when Registration is used, then nobody can use Apps.

I can't imagine this is intentional.  It seems like an oversight.  At very least, Zoom should give you the option to allow or forbid Apps in a meeting regardless of whether Registration is being used or not.  I think it's a bug because if you try to send an App to somebody, they get the below error message when they try to open it.  If it was an intentional feature for Apps to not be available with a meeting using Registration, then why would there be an error message?

StefanScherbik_0-1630508052595.png

Anyway, has anyone found any workarounds for this?  It's quite an issue for me because I scheduled a series of 8 trainings using a Registration page this month to show people how to use Zoom Apps, and in doing the first session yesterday, I discovered that nobody could use the Apps because the meeting used registration, which kind of defeated the purpose of the training.  So now I guess I need to send out a new link without using the Registration feature.  It was quite the embarrassment for me since I'm supposed to be the expert 🤣

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @StefanScherbik 

We're already in touch with the Zoom Apps team and getting them to look into this issue. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

florencia1
Listener

es porque  solo el anfitrión  puede tenerlo

That's not the case with regular, non-registration meetings.  If you set up a meeting that doesn't use registration, all participants have an App button and can launch and join into Apps.  But for some reason, when Registration is turned on for a Meeting ID you're using, then only the host has Apps.

I actually opened a ticket with Zoom Support and they feel this is a bug.  I'm hoping a future version will allow all participants to use Apps in meetings with Registration.

Bort

Hi @StefanScherbik 

We're already in touch with the Zoom Apps team and getting them to look into this issue. 

Awesome!