cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom App or Browser

Librarycat
Participant

When I set up a Zoom meeting with registration, I understand that the attendee clicks on the unique link to get into the meeting. Shouldn't that open the meeting for the attendee without being prompted to download the app, or have the app open automatically if the app is already downloaded? Please help me understand this.

The other area of confusion: From where should I START the meeting - from zoom.us and click on start for the meeting, or...open the app?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ccameron
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Librarycat,

-When a meeting link is clicked, the browser will open and give an option to open from the web.

I have the option (in google chrome) to allow it to automatically open in my Zoom desktop app. Which is recommended. Photo attached.

-As far as starting the meeting, you can do it by logging in at zoom.us or from the app. I would always recommend using your Zoom app over the web browser. It's an easier experience in my opinion.

If this answered your question, please click "accept as a solution". Thank you!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ccameron

Librarycat,

-When a meeting link is clicked, the browser will open and give an option to open from the web.

I have the option (in google chrome) to allow it to automatically open in my Zoom desktop app. Which is recommended. Photo attached.

-As far as starting the meeting, you can do it by logging in at zoom.us or from the app. I would always recommend using your Zoom app over the web browser. It's an easier experience in my opinion.

If this answered your question, please click "accept as a solution". Thank you!

Librarycat
Participant

Thank you, this is very helpful!