cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom App consumed all my Drive C Space

Chrislim
Listener

I noticed that my Drive C storage free space went from 70Gb to 0bytes. Upon checking the application consuming my storage, I found out that Zoom's "EBWebview" on AppData>Roaming>Zoom>data>WebviewCache folder contains all 70+Gb of space and still counting (when I tried to free some space from my videos). I also noticed that my CPU is at full utilization while using Zoom application. Please take note that I am not recording any meetings and the files I saw inside the folder was over 40,000 items like this one --> BrowserMetrics-6114A000-9AC8.pma which is 2mb in file size.

How do I fix this? If I delete it, I think it will just come back

6 REPLIES 6

JZoomUser
Listener

I have the same issue. Several coworkers are having the same issue as well where about 2 of those files are created every second, thus using up the entire hard drive over the course of 1 day.  When will there be a zoom updated/patch?

Please help!

pass
Listener

Same happens to me, and also to a coworker of mine. This is a high-severity issue...

pass
Listener

This isn't a solution, just a workaround (which I hope doesn't have any side effects, use discretion) - I emptied the folder, then set "deny" for modify permissions (do this only if you know what you're doing, so you don't lose the ability to unset this!). Now my folder is empty.

MACABI
Listener

Hi, 

Did some research and found that the procces responsible for the rapid writes is Microsoft Edge webview2.

Just removed this program using "programs and features".

It seems to solve the problem.

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-17 at 21.35.14.jpeg

Bvasoya
Listener

Facing the same issue - it consumed 385 GB!

JZoomUser
Listener

I resolved it on my computer and on the computers of 3 other team members.  Delete zoom and install the latest zoom app from their site. Issue was fixed instantly!