cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom API: You have exceeded the daily rate limit (3) of Meeting Batch Registration API requests

shangandhimani
Listener

I am having an issue with Zoom API Integration. 

We have integrated our LMS to Zoom for virtual class. Recently i am having this error

"You have exceeded the daily rate limit (3) of Meeting Batch Registration API requests permitted for (xxxxx@gmail.com) this particular registrant. You may resume these requests at GMT 00:00:00"

I understand each user is allow 100 per day. But our user with 3 tries, it fails to communicate

regards

Shan

7 REPLIES 7

Ftorino
Listener

We are also having the same problem.

You have exceeded the dayly rate limit (3) of meeting batch registration API requests permitted for (xxxxx@gmail.com) this particular registrant. You may summarize these requests at GMT 00:00:00

We ask for an urgent solution in this case.

pierrealexis
Listener

We are experiencing the exact same problem. One of our customer had the API integrated for months now and since last week, this error pops up very often. Nothing has been changed on the hosting or in the code for a few weeks, it just started happening last week for some reason.

pierrealexis
Listener

Has anyone gotten any updates on this? I tried contacting the Zoom support and they keep saying that the limit is 3 and that the API is working as intended. We've been doing 60 calls per day or so for the last year and even the documentation says the limit is 100. They definitely changed something, I highly doubt it's a coincidence that all 3 of us are experiencing the same exact problem, at the exact same time after we've been using the API for a while without a hitch

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

pierrealexis
Listener

@Bort  Thanks a ton man, I contacted the support and they failed to mention that there was an update despite the fact that I told them repeatedly that something changed recently. You sir, are a hero.

49web
Listener

We are facing the same issue. It's verified that only 1 single request is going for meeting registration. And on the 1st request only Zoom api responds that rate limiting exceeded Error 429. Zoom support is too weak, has no idea what they are saying, does not listen to what we are saying and is adamant on the fact to increase the package.

This is complete fleecing by Zoom team when we have even proven the fact that API only hits 1 time but you dont allow participant to register. I guess it's time to switch over to WebEx completely.

pierrealexis
Listener

I know, I've been optimising our stuff for a while and we still run into this issue. Some people on this thread seem to have noticed that there may actually be a bug with  the API limit. Or at least that the limit does not work the way it was described. They changed the API limit without warning anyone, they didn't update the documentation and it seems they implemented new bugs with the restrictions. I've spent 2 days trying to convince the support that something had changed with the API and they kept denying any change whatsoever. Bort, higher in the comments, gave me the changelog and when I sent it to the support, they didn't answer for almost a week then simply told me to check the dev forum. The whole thing is a trainwreck that wasted so much of so many people's time