cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom 5.8.4: How to control the volume of the “shared sound” that is enabled when sharing a screen?

jamalnuman
Attendee

Zoom 5.8.4: How to control the volume of the “shared sound” that is enabled when sharing a screen?

I couldn’t figure out how to control the volume of the “shared sound” that is enabled when sharing a screen.

Currently, as a music is played on the background, its volume is so loud in the recorded video despite the fact that its volume in the computer is low

From which settings the “shared sound” volume can be controlled?

the screenshots are attached

the screenshot

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

To control the sound you are sharing directly into the Zoom meeting through share, you need to adjust the volume from the application playing the sound or the overall OS volume directly. For example, if I am playing music from iTunes or Youtube and sharing that audio into the meeting, I need to adjust the volume on iTunes or Youtube directly. You can also adjust the overall volume on your OS settings, but this will also affect the audio coming out of Zoom as well, so its generally best to adjust the volume on the application directly. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Bort

To control the sound you are sharing directly into the Zoom meeting through share, you need to adjust the volume from the application playing the sound or the overall OS volume directly. For example, if I am playing music from iTunes or Youtube and sharing that audio into the meeting, I need to adjust the volume on iTunes or Youtube directly. You can also adjust the overall volume on your OS settings, but this will also affect the audio coming out of Zoom as well, so its generally best to adjust the volume on the application directly. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Hi Bort,

Can you maybe help me please? When I am sharing screen on zoom meeting, my mic is out automatically and I can not turn it on. Participants do not hear me. When I stop sharing , the mic is on.

thank you in advance

Ela

This does not work on a MacOS, Ventura 13.1. 

How about iOS on an ipad or iphone?

Sharing youtube sound for example sets the volume of youtube at 100% and despite changing it manually, nothing happens.
So the background music overpowers my voice during a guided meditation.

Thank you!

jamalnuman
Attendee

Thank you Bort for the help. It works fine

Then the best way to manage this is to get the sound of the machine as 100 and then to tune the one of the application as we need (the screenshot is attached)