cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoo freezes and freezes and…

Goodie
Listener

Ever since I upgraded Zoom last Saturday, there have been PROBLEMS.  Things disappear (the live chat button on the dashboard) then freeze (audio, chat, screen share…). Today, during two Zoom meetings, both hosts experienced things freezing. Same with multiple participants. Myself…  I used control-alt-del at least 5 times to unfreeze my meeting (did task manager/end… and VOILA! The meeting was back, working. 

I need to host a Sunday church service… and need to get this resolved. I have uninstalled, reinstalled between Sunday and today. NADA. ZIP. 

Someone suggested a 64 bit Zoom. Huh? When I clicked Task Manager to end the Zoom, each time it said Zoom 32 bit. Any ideas what I can do to stay on zoom? 

3 REPLIES 3

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Goodie! We've had a couple of updates since you've posted this! You can try to uninstall Zoom and reinstall Zoom from here (5.8.0). Once you've gone through the installation you can create a test meeting and see if that helps? The installer should be a 64bit version. 🙂

I'd also advise you to check for updates weekly and check out our client release notes here to keep up-to-date with our latest versions! Hope this helps! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Hi can you help me for zoom how to message 

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Goodie, were you able to update, and did that help? If not we can certainly troubleshoot further! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!