cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZR device need to be upgraded to join meeting

Dfisch
Listener

Our equipment is the the logitec IP Tap (OS ver. 5.12.6) (APP ver. 5.9.4 (685))  and the appliance is the roommate (OS ver.  1.5.333) (APP ver. 5.9.4 (685)) 

Everything is upgraded and successfully connected but im still receiving the error message on the screen of the IP TAP "some of your zoom rooms devices need to be upgraded to join this meeting..."  

Any thoughts on how to rectify this other than to do a factory reset? 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

ZoomZoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi,

Currently the minimum version for Zoom Rooms is 5.10.3 and the RoomMate is at 5.9.4. The Logi Tap is fine for now, but you need to update the Roomate's now and the Tap, you will need to also update soon, because by May 5.9.4 will not be usable.

You can read more about minimum versions in this link: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360059429231-Zoom-Software-Quarterly-Lifecycle-Policy 

If this answer helps you, please hit the “Accept as Solution” button.
Thank you,

ZzZz

View solution in original post

ZoomZoom

Check the available Firmware versions. You might need to update FW first.

Thank you,

ZzZz

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

ZoomZoom

Hi,

Currently the minimum version for Zoom Rooms is 5.10.3 and the RoomMate is at 5.9.4. The Logi Tap is fine for now, but you need to update the Roomate's now and the Tap, you will need to also update soon, because by May 5.9.4 will not be usable.

You can read more about minimum versions in this link: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360059429231-Zoom-Software-Quarterly-Lifecycle-Policy 

Thank you,

ZzZz

Dfisch
Listener

Thanks for the reply. I've tried to update from both the zoom portal and the logitech Sync portal but both are saying there is neither an OS update or a app update.  

ZoomZoom

Check the available Firmware versions. You might need to update FW first.

Thank you,

ZzZz

ChillyAutumn
Listener

I have this problem too. We have 3 Zoom Room's (2 using Yealink A20 video conferencing systems - bar and tablet), and the other is on a PC.

All are on the latest firmware and it will not let me do any meetings either between them or externally. Even if I just do 'Meet Now' with no invitees I get the error 'Some of your Zoom Rooms Devices need to be upgraded to join this meeting. Please contact IT for assistance'

Firmware versions:

Yealink MeetingBar A20 - Firmware: 5.14.5

CTP18: Firmware version 5.3.0

Yealink MeetingBar A20 - Firmware: 5.14.5

CTP18: Firmware version 5.3.0

PC with Zoom App - Firmware: 5.14.5

Can anyone help me do this! I have some really urgent meetings that we've had to cancel because of this! I have NO option to upgrade the firmware any higher on any of the devices listed above

I can't for sure what your user interface looks like but with the Logitec i was able to communicate directly on the system with a wireless mouse and keyboard to push the update through the user interface on the physical machine. 

rickrb
Listener

I have the same issue.

Both app and devices have been updated to the latest version

We have Google Meetings and they work fine when joining from the meeting room.

Just doesn't work for Zoom meetings

Yealink MeetingBar A20 133.320.0.8
 APP version 5.14.5
Yealink CTP18 137.320.0.10
App Version 5.14.5

rickrb
Listener

resolved my updating ipads connected to Zoom Rooms