cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZOOM Shared music volume in background drops down when any of participants starts to speek.

miroslawsroka
Listener

Hello, everyone!  I’ve got GREAT REQUEST.

I take part in regular meetings in which I am the host. Before the meetings for half hour, I play background music: Share screen > Advanced > Computer sound only.

MY PROBLEM IS THAT EVERY TIME WHEN ANY OF PARTICIPANTS STARTS TO SPEEK MUSIC VOLUME IN BACKGROUND DROPS DOWN.     THIS IS EXTREMELY ANNOYING.

I spent hours solving this problem. Without success. I tried to solve this problem based on information from the forum (link below). I also compared the setting on my friend's computer, which doesn’t have such problems and uses a much older PC unit.

https://devforum.zoom.us/t/music-volume-automatically-drops-when-other-hosts-speak/27404 

FIRST

I changed the settings: “Sound > Communications > When Windows detects communications activity – Do nothing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=6W2faZw7Ymw

IT DIDN’T HELP

SECONDLY

I changed the settings: Audio Settings, option “Suppress background noise” and disable or put in low. if this is active, zoom considers music as background noise and suppress it lowering Volume.

IT ALSO DIDN’T HELP

I’M BEGGING YOU PLEASE TELL ME KNOWN WHAT ELSE I COULD DO.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP 

MY LENOVO LAPTOP 7TH GENERATION SPECIFICATION

OPERATING SYSTEM

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Computer type: Notebook

Installation Date: 27.07.2020 11:46:10

AUDIO

Sound Cards:

Technologia Intel Smart Sound

Realtek High Definition Audio(SST)

Audio for Intel displays

Playback Devices: Speakers (Realtek Audio) (default)

Recording Device: Zestaw mikrofonów (Technologia Intel Smart Sound)

CPU

Intel Core i7 @ 1.80GHz        40 °C

Kaby Lake-U/Y 14nm Technology

RAM 16,0GB

MOTHERBOARD

Manufacturer: LENOVO

Model: 20QD00L1MX (U3E1)

Version: SDK0J40697 WIN

Chipset Vendor: Intel

Chipset Model ID3E34

Chipset Revision: 0C

Southbridge Vendor: Intel

Southbridge Model: ID9D84

Southbridge Revision: 11

BIOS

Brand: LENOVO

Version: N2HET66W (1.49 )

Date: 10.11.2021

6 REPLIES 6

rabbitt
Listener

i want to get a icon for zoom

DragiGaga
Listener

Hi Miroslaw, I have the same issue, Please if you already found a solution can you share it with me or we can try it  together. 

Please!

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello,
My name is Brandon. Thanks for joining the Zoom Community! We are testing this now. I can work on this and assist you. The music and active speakers should be separate audio streams and should work independently. 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Hi Brandon, thank you for the reply.

Can you explain me in simple how to separate audio streams.

Thank you in advance 

YaBoiB

Hello,
My name is Brandon. Thanks for joining the Zoom Community! It is done automatically in the system. I tested this with my mac and windows computer, and the volume is not dropping for me. If you are experiencing this issue, then it is likely one of two things. Either your microphone picks up some noise, or the noise suppression software is working as designed. The second option could be that your drivers for your audio card could need updating and are not working well with the Zoom audio suppression algorithms. 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Brandon can you PLEASE reach out to me on ***********. I really need help..