cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZOOM PWA SOFTWARE for Chromebooks - Awful performance - Camera Instability - what can be done?

bernie_eu
Listener

I can report after all testing, uninstalling, and reinstalling now the Zoom PWA version for Chrome, that the overwhelming issues seem to be not solvable?
is
1. The picture is too highly magnified and has no option to lower the magnification? (Changing the camera option makes no difference, such controls seem to have no effect?),

and

2: The shakiness and poor quality picture is appalling, not stable, like an old-fashioned television) the irony of ironies is that the built-in Camera is beauty at its best, high-quality HD. If I choose "Same as System" or Front Camera" it changes nothing, it's Zooms juxtapositioned (imposed) online software camera that rules. Pretty crap basically.

However, if I download  "Zoom Client for Meetings" from: zoom.us/download 
(Web browser client) it all works fine again! Why is this?

1 REPLY 1

MBMarkus
Listener

Hi Zoom-Techs!

I have the same issue. I am using an Chrombook Lenovo. I can join a Zoom Meeting with the PWA, but the performance is so bad, you can't understand anythink. Really bad audio, the camera is frozen. When I looked in the chromebook diagnositcs, the CPU is on 100% BUT it throttle down to 0,8Ghz, why? About 10min the meeting is fine, even with 90% CPU and 1-2Ghz rate. After 10min it throttle down to 0,8Ghz and nothing is working any more. 

Please help. I bought this notebook just for using Zoom!