cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your default microphone has changed

dpgonzal
Listener

I am using Zoom on my Mac mini.  The message "Your default microphone has changed to NexiGo N930E FHD Webcam Audio and will now be used".  This message pops up every 8 seconds and it is displayed twice on the screen.  I don't want to use that audio option, which is why I have something else selected in my preferences.  Additionally others in the meeting can only hear every other word that I am saying.  Plugging in my headphones does not seem to resolve the issue.  There used to be an option to call into the meeting, but for some reason this option is not always available.  Why not make this option available for every meeting?  I've been dealing with audio issues on zoom for over a year.  Just let me call in and everything works fine.

3 REPLIES 3

Pocketty
Listener

There is a separate thread for this issue somewhere.   I get pretty much the same issue on a HP PC running windows 11.

My experience involves video picture opening briefly, then disappearing, replaced by a "Your default microphone has changed..." pop-up window followed by another popup window saying much the same for another microphone default.

(Samples included)

This renders zoom meeting completely unusable for me.  It may be a Msoft issue in part, given the issues seen with sound configurations elsewhere. but I don't see this with anything other than Zoom.

drichsdm
Listener

I have the same issue on a newer-model laptop I bought within the last year. One commenter mentions a separate thread for this issue - any idea where that is? I agree with another commenter that this renders Zoom unusable... fortunately I'm mostly listening in my meetings this week and only dealing with minor gaps in the speech, and then Zoom buffers the conversation and plays it back at higher speed. But it's still very distracting having all these pop-ups.