cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong colours on screen sharing - color shifting

layil
Listener

Hi, I just noticed that if I share my screen, the person who views it, see the colours slightly shifted, kind of desaturated, with less contrast. I am on OS X 13.1. I would like to subscribe to a paid plan but I would like to solve this issue before. Can someone please help? Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

ZoomTestKitchen
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

It don't think this is a Zoom issue, it's more than likely just a difference between different monitors color calibration and settings. The question at hand is, who's monitor is more off the normal, factory type settings.

• If every person that views your share sees it the way you have described it, the problem probably is on your end? Your own monitor could be set to Vivid Colors, High Saturation and Contrast, and everybody else is not.
  • If it is hit and miss on which viewers see it as you've described it, then it's probably their monitor's issue.

If you find this information helpful, please click on "Accept as Solution".

If you have further questions, please reply, we're happy to help.

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

We noticed the same actually. Since we show lots of design work it soon became obvious that everybody see less saturated colors than intended. So now we send pdf via email after the zoom call. 
As I understand there is no color controls for screen sharing right?

I'm having the same problem. It's a recent thing. I'm not sure exactly when it changed but I don't think it can have been more than a couple of weeks ago.

I don't think its related to calibration, I think its an issue rendering the color mode being used by the presenting OS on the watchers OS.  Windows support sRGB, mac supports sRGB/AdobeRGB/P3. 

wm_mg
Listener

+1  - a user within my company has reported the same issue.

willjoe2442
Participant

There's a slight chance that an operating system issue is the cause of the discoloration or distortion, and a simple restart will do the trick. Restarting is an easy thing to try early in the troubleshooting process. Plus, restarting seems to fix most computer problems.

Regards,

Diana

CaniperCaso
Listener

I'm having the same problem....solutions?

mbhy
Listener

I see this as well, also normally when screen sharing with users who are using mac's.  I have suspected it is something related to the color profiles used on different machines.  

I once perceived the same issue completely on my local machine that was related to using an sRGB color profile.  I cant remember if it needed to be applied or disabled...