cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong account used in Outlook calendars

ItsTheDNS
Listener

The typical behavior for an office admin here is to put calendar events on someone's calendar, with the associated Zoom event going onto the account of the person in question. Zoom normally selects the correct Zoom account to use when booking, based on the calendar selected. I'm seeing some folks where this automatic matching of calendars to accounts is broken. Is there a setting I should be checking on? In the past, we've simply logged out and back into Zoom and the issue cleared. For the folks experiencing the broken behavior, nothing so far has helped. Seeing the issue on PC and Mac.

Tried:

• signing out and back into Zoom
  • closing and opening outlook
  • restarting the computer
  • uninstalling and reinstalling Zoom and the plug-in
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

cmcblnggg
Listener

In outlook: File > Account settings - a new window pops up

Go to Data Files Tab

Click on the account you want then click "Set as Default" 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @ItsTheDNS, is it possible to update outlook (Go to File > Account (or Office Account if you opened Outlook). Under Product Information, choose Update Options > Update Now.) and or sign out and back in before reinstalling Zoom and the plug-in?

You can also try changing the Default view email to the one you use with Zoom? (this directory may depend on the version you're on), Click File > Account Settings.  Select the Data Files tab, click the data file containing the calendar you want to use as the default, then click Set as Default.  Stop and restart Outlook.

You can always look into our KB on Microsoft Outlook plugin (desktop) to ensure you meet all Prereqs or to backtrack on resetting this up! Let me know your findings! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

I think I have a problem with the calendar on outlook. The email associated with the calendar is not the active email we use. It was from a prior company we worked through. It is impossible to work through the outlook calendar to invite attendees so you have to send a separate email. Very annoying for a novice like me..John

This is the same issue that i have, an old calendar is linking upto a n ew email address, spent an hour on this now trying to sync the right calender. does anyone know how to do it?

thanks

PaladinTechSolu
Listener

I had this problem.  The way I fixed it may or may not be possible depending on the old account you want to get rid of.  Sign in to Zoom using the account you want to get rid of.  Click "profile" then scroll down and click "sign me out of all accounts".  That should do it.

cmcblnggg
Listener

In outlook: File > Account settings - a new window pops up

Go to Data Files Tab

Click on the account you want then click "Set as Default" 

Thank you so much for this!  It's been low-level irritating me for months since my previous business changed name and email account details - I'd changed everything in the zoom account to the new details but invites were still linking to the wrong account.  Your suggestion to go approach it from outlook was 100% correct 😁