cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would appreciate more information about the new feature "one hundred breakout rooms."

Havspappan_Nv
Listener

I am looking for more information about the new excellent feature with 100 breakout rooms. You could ask for it before, but the limit was that it didn't work for webbrowser participants. Is there any limitation to this feature now? Better to find out here than in a meeting 🙂

Has anyone tried it yet?

Bengt

3 REPLIES 3

ZoomTestKitchen
Community Champion | Customer

The increase in Breakout Rooms to 100 rooms is simply that there are more rooms available for you to use. It does not change the compatibility for different operating systems that previously existed.

That being said, I'm providing a link to a very helpful article.

Zoom Meetings and Webinars comparison by platform

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360027397692-Zoom-Meetings-and-Webinars-comparison-by-plat...

If you find this information helpful, please click on "Accept as Solution".

If you have further questions, please reply, we're happy to help.

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

Havspappan_Nv
Listener

I like the comparison sheet. However, couldn't read what applied to one hundred rooms. Do you need the client, or could you also participate from a web browser?

ZoomTestKitchen

A breakout room is a breakout room. There is no functional difference beyond the quantity of rooms.

In the section of the document "In-meeting controls (participants and hosts)" it lists "Participant in breakout rooms" and "Self-select breakout room" as both being compatible with the Windows/Mac Client as well as the Web Client.

If you find this information helpful, please click on "Accept as Solution".

If you have further questions, please reply, we're happy to help.

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen