cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

With dual monitor, sharing PPT slides in Presentation View, how do you see Gallery View of Students?

Rod_Gordon
Listener

I'm trying to learn how to use dual monitors and share the Presentation View of PPT slides, which allows me to see the notes for each slide while sharing the other view without the notes. The problem is- I can't see the gallery view any more of the attendees, so if I want to interact with a specific student, I have no idea who is out there? 

Do I have to share the 'normal view' of PPT slides to be able to see the Gallery View of participants?

Also, a secondary issue, when I try to share the 'normal view' of PPT slides, sometimes the screen share 'auto-pauses'.  When I send students to 'Breakout Rooms' for a group task, usually, the previous screen share process has stopped, and it has to be restarted. The restarting process can throw fragments of screens around on the desktop views of the students, which is less than desirable.

Any thoughts on how to address this? Getting pretty frustrated here.

Thanks for your thoughts.

4 REPLIES 4

noelsafety22
Listener

HI Rod, this you get a solution to your problem?  I'm having the same issue, could you share the solution.  tks Noel 

Rod_Gordon
Listener

Noel,

I never got a response, but I have asked Zoom support for help again. Will let you know if I learn more.

Thanks for asking.

Rod

Quwenisha1
Listener

Im not able to see my video panel while sharing my screen. When i go to zoom support it says to go to more then meeting controls. However i dont have access to MEETING CONTROLS when i press the more button on zoom. How can i get access to my Video Panels another way. I want to share my screen and see my students but this is not showing automatically when i start my zoom.

Lou-L
Listener

Did anybody get an answer to this? I have been using Dual Monitors, and every time I put PPT into presentation mode, I lose my participant gallery. My choices are to have the shared screen on one monitor and presenter dashboard on the other, or have 2 screens mirroring each other... both showing the shared screen. Totally unacceptable for either a class or a meeting. We need to see the folks we are interacting with. I am willing to sacrifice the presenter dashboard for a gallery view, but don't think Zoom will allow it.