cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wired Earphone Audio not working

criticalproblem
Listener

Zoom Audio not working on Windows 10

I have tried every tutorial/guide on the internet and nothing is working! Please Help
No audio from zoom while on earphones. I cannot hear others' audio or speak while plugged in my earphone.

- I am unmuted
- My earphones work when using other software and websites but just not zoom
(e.g. skype, youtube, etc)

Things I have tried:
- Changed the input and output audio settings in zoom to 1) the same as system and 2) to my earphones

- Tried the "test speaker and microphone" and failed in every test

- Used different earphones to plug into the earphone jack -> same result, no audio output or input (My Bluetooth wireless buds works on zoom without audio issue but not wired earphones )

- Make sure system > advanced sound options > zoom meetings are turned up to 100

- Allowed microphone access in Windows' Privacy Setting

- Uninstalled zoom (and removed all of the leftover files), restart my laptop and reinstall zoom for 3 times

- Edit: I updated, uninstalled and installed the external mic, headphones, microphone and speakers drivers on my laptop as per Ip-Man's suggestion (Thank You!)  below but it did not solve my problem

(I am on a Windows 10 laptop with earphone plugged into the earphone jack)

Please help! This problem has severely affected my zoom meetings and lessons - Thank you in advance

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

criticalproblem
Listener

I finally solved the problem with the help of the zoom support team!

In my case, it was my computer's zoom volume mixer that was turned off for some reason.

Here is the instructions from the zoom support team:

Right-click on the Volume icon (on the task bar) > select “Open Volume Mixer” > form here, verify that all Zoom Applications listed are not muted.

and see the attached photo from the zoom support team for further illustrations.

Hope this helps you guys:)

@minna1 @AngieB 

View solution in original post

kaz2523
Listener

The solution that worked for me:

Settings > System > Advanced > Volume Mixer > Zoom

Hit the drop down arrows and change the default input/outputs

Don't leave them on default and manually select 

kaz2523_0-1697023323140.png

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

IP-Man
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@criticalproblem have you tried upgrading your laptop's drivers?

Cheers!

@IP-Man Thank you for your suggestion, it sadly did not work.  I updated my external mic, headphones, microphone and speakers drivers and found they are all up to date.  I then uninstalled and reinstalled all 4 drivers but to no avail.  

IP-Man

I would suggest that you log a problem with Zoom Support at
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new so support team can do further troubleshooting on your issue.

Cheers!

AngieB
Listener

I am having the exact same issue - did you find a solution? My issue started about 3-4 weeks ago; prior to that, my wired headphones were working fine. 

I sadly have not yet found a solution.  I contacted zoom support for help but their solution (to update zoon, use the clean zoom application and redownload zoom) has not helped.   I submitted a report via the zoom software (settings > statistics> send report) and am now awaiting their further instructions.  

I guess my last resort is to do a factory reset on my laptop, sigh.

Maybe you can also try contacting zoom support for help?

minna1
Listener

Hi.  I'm having the same problem with wire headphones and zoom meeting.  At the apple store now, thinking it was a problem with my equipment.  It isn't.  Did you ever resolve your problem?  

criticalproblem
Listener

I finally solved the problem with the help of the zoom support team!

In my case, it was my computer's zoom volume mixer that was turned off for some reason.

Here is the instructions from the zoom support team:

Right-click on the Volume icon (on the task bar) > select “Open Volume Mixer” > form here, verify that all Zoom Applications listed are not muted.

and see the attached photo from the zoom support team for further illustrations.

Hope this helps you guys:)

@minna1 @AngieB 

The solution helped me solve the same problem. Thank you!

Based on my observation in my case, I noticed that when I open a Zoom link in Edge, the Volume Mixer only shows one Zoom Application. Consequently, I couldn't unmute other Zoom Applications as suggested. However, when I opened the Zoom link in Chrome, the Volume Mixer displayed all Zoom Applications, with some being muted. Once I turned on the volume for all Zoom applications, the problem was successfully resolved!

dubaivms
Listener

Hi my Mac Os is working perfect. The microphone test is working perfect. I could able to use my laptop for google meet calls and WhatsApp calls. But unfortunately i could not use zoom. The other side could not receive my audio. I could be able to listen them. I restarted the laptop. I re installed zoom app. Still the problem persist. Can some one help to resolve this?

kaz2523
Listener

The solution that worked for me:

Settings > System > Advanced > Volume Mixer > Zoom

Hit the drop down arrows and change the default input/outputs

Don't leave them on default and manually select 

kaz2523_0-1697023323140.png

okay fix it

jmdglss
Listener

If other solutions don't work, during a Zoom call/session try this: Click on the up arrow next to "mute/unmute" and make sure "Same as System" is checked under "Select a Speaker" and "Select a Microphone."

Don't know how it got changed.  Update?  This worked for me on Macbook air.  Thank you!

That worked for me, finally. Thanks!

raulgonzalez
Listener

lets have a meeting