cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows application responds very slowly

JanB1
Listener

I recently bought a new laptop and since then I do have major issues with getting Zoom running. Mainly as the windows application reacts either not or only after several minutes to any given input, like clicking a panel or trying to join a meeting. This makes it impossible to use Zoom right now, as I can't use the application as nothing happens or the window get marked as "no response".

Some details about my system:

CPU: i7-7600U

RAM: 16GB

Typically my system is far away from beeing completly busy, so I definetly can rule the system itself out. Further I re-installed Zoom multiple times, which didn't solve it. Any clues what is triggering this behaviour and more importantly how to solve it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JanB1
Listener

I was able to fix my issue by uninstalling Skype & Teams application.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

ZoomZoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi, Jan.

Hard to say what is going on here, except that it isn't expected. I would advise you to reach out to Zoom technical support.

One suggestion I can give is, modern laptops sometimes come with 2 graphic cards, a weaker onboard one and the main one. Usually the weaker one is used to conserve battery and in low-intensive tasks, but if for some reason it is being used in more demanding tasks, it may cause what you are describing. 

First check if the laptop is connected to a power socket, does it still run slow? It might still be using the onboard graphic card, so try to define the default GPU for Zoom and see if it helps. This link should help you with that: https://pureinfotech.com/set-default-gpu-apps-windows-11/

Good luck!

If this answer helps you, please hit the “Accept as Solution” button.
Thank you,

ZzZz

Thanks for your suggestions. Unfortunately none of your ideas fixed my issue. My system has only an onboard graphic card and changing the graphics preference to "high performance" didn't change something. And the behaviour occurs no matter if the laptop is connected to a power socket or not. So I think I will try to reach the technical support.

JimmyWick
Attendee

Scan Your System for Virus or Malware
One of the main reasons for Windows 10 apps slow to open issue is that your PC might be infected with a virus that slows your Windows 10, 8, or 7 PC response time. You can use Windows Defender or a third-party antivirus program to scan your system and remove virus or malware.

Regards,
J Wick

JanB1
Listener

I was able to fix my issue by uninstalling Skype & Teams application.