cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 11 Audio Now Muffled

Maverik
Listener

Is anyone else having a problem with Zoom audio (speaker sound and mic) being muffled? It was all working great until I undated to Windows 11 yesterday. Audio (mic and speakers) are working fine on every other app. Any ideas on how to fix it? Feels like a driver problem. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

KS7
Listener

I had the same issue. I have Zenbook 14 UX425 (11th Gen Intel). Initially, it came with W10 preinstalled. After the upgrade to W11 problems with audio started. If you will try to upgrade drivers via device manager, you will get a message, that you already have the latest drivers installed. Finally, I went to the official Asus support page and installed the latest drivers from there. This fixed problem for me. 
https://www.asus.com/Laptops/For-Home/Zenbook/Zenbook-14-UX425-11th-Gen-Intel/HelpDesk_Download/?mod...

View solution in original post

Jay11
Listener

I figured it out on my Asus ux325. 

Open "MyASUS" app on your computer. In audio uncheck something similar to "Noice reducing AI-speaker". (I have swedish language)

It fixed my problems. My audio worked perfect with any other app, but not in zoom. Couldnt hear music in zoom when someone shared their screen, only voice.

View solution in original post

61 REPLIES 61

DavidTee
Listener

I have the same problem. Updated to W11 and now the sound doesn't work.

FifoTheHein
Listener

I have the same issue. Sound and microphone giving issues. Seems to randomly work when using the test mic and sound functionality, but as soon as I close the  "successful " test, zoom says it cannot find my mic/speaker. Works in Google Meet, Slack, Skype etc. Also started after upgrading to Windows 11.

Exactly the issue I am having. Obviously an incompatibility with W11

Camilled
Listener

Same problem on ZenBook in W11. The microphone and the speakers do not work together! If the microphone works, then the sound does not work and vice versa. Sometimes everything works and 5 minutes later the problem reappears!

AdeBerlin
Listener

Same problem as FifoTheHein.  With Win 11 on Zoom -Randomly got "Audio and Mic not recognised". Do test all works again, but a few minutes later the same problem. I reverted back to Win 10  and no problems with Zoom. So clearly an issue with compatibility.

pslevine
Listener

What's the solution, other than reverting back to 10?

I've just stopped using the Zoom Windows app and use Zoom in my browser instead, no issues when used via the browser, Just have to ignore the popup saying you need an app to join the zoom call and then click on 

"Having issues with Zoom Client? Join from Your Browser"

So this is clearly an issue with Zoom rather than Windows 11, seeing as no other apps seem to have this issue.

Mine does not work in the app or the browser.

same here

will try it! 

After trying everything else - this alone worked for me. Thank you. 

rocas
Listener

same issue here, w11 pro and zoom audio stopped working. audio works just fine on Slack and Google Meet

rocas
Listener

I fixed this by installing the x64 version of Zoom. Latest can be downloaded from https://zoom.us/client/5.8.3.1581/ZoomInstaller.exe?archType=x64

I also did that, but for me it didn't seem to help, but I will give it another go. Glad it's working for you. 🙂

Have you also updated your window to windows 11? after installing zoominstaller your audio works fine?

MarkR1
Listener

Same for me since updating to Windows 11.  Same issue with Skype and Teams.

MarkR1
Listener

Zenbook, 11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7, Intel Iris Xe Graphics

Zoom update did not work for me.  The only way around the issue that I have found is to connect the audio output to a Bluetooth speaker and then use the laptop microphone.  If I try to use the laptop speakers and microphone, it works for a second then the "unrecognised" issue pops back up.

I have recorded a video on the laptop using the inbuilt speakers and microphone and all audio is fine playing movies, YouTube etc.  The issue appears when I try to use Zoom, Teams, Skype or WhatsApp.  Given that it is across those four platforms, surly it must be a Windows 11 issue?

Bloody miffed I can tell you!

MarkR

Check my post below in this thread. In short - install the latest drivers from the Asus support page.

mrzz
Listener

Same after Win 11.

Zenbook, 11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7, Intel Iris Xe Graphics

Changing between external microphone, laptop's built-in, USB DAC headphones, and external webcam mic, works randomly, then fails after a few minutes. Sometimes works for a full hour. Seems to go into a loop / crash when detecting audio.

Seems to be triggered by the (extremely common) Realtek Audio driver. I have version 6.0.9202.1.

That is, not related to the mic, but to the speakers.

I can start Zoom with another audio i/o, then as soon as I change to Realtek, it breaks.

To restore audio, I need to change the speaker (to bluetooth, or audio jack) then disconnect and reconnect audio on Zoom.

"I can start Zoom with another audio i/o, then as soon as I change to Realtek, it breaks.

To restore audio, I need to change the speaker (to bluetooth, or audio jack) then disconnect and reconnect audio on Zoom."

Yep, exactly the same for me.  Hopefully there is an update soon.

Check my post below in this thread. In short - install the latest drivers from the Asus support page.

KS7
Listener

I had the same issue. I have Zenbook 14 UX425 (11th Gen Intel). Initially, it came with W10 preinstalled. After the upgrade to W11 problems with audio started. If you will try to upgrade drivers via device manager, you will get a message, that you already have the latest drivers installed. Finally, I went to the official Asus support page and installed the latest drivers from there. This fixed problem for me. 
https://www.asus.com/Laptops/For-Home/Zenbook/Zenbook-14-UX425-11th-Gen-Intel/HelpDesk_Download/?mod...

Yep, that fixed it for me.  Drivers finally came out!

Thanks.

I also recommend updating all other drivers  (camera, Bluetooth, etc.) not only audio.

@KS7 wrote:

https://www.asus.com/Laptops/For-Home/Zenbook/Zenbook-14-UX425-11th-Gen-Intel/HelpDesk_Download/?mod...licenta windows

I also got issue on windows 10 but my problem solved after i activate my windows 10 with activator.

mikhailkats
Listener

I have the same issue with the LG Gram 16Z90P-K.AAB6U1 laptop. Very frustrating. It doesn't seem like updated drivers from LG are available at this time...

same problem for me.

Jay11
Listener

I figured it out on my Asus ux325. 

Open "MyASUS" app on your computer. In audio uncheck something similar to "Noice reducing AI-speaker". (I have swedish language)

It fixed my problems. My audio worked perfect with any other app, but not in zoom. Couldnt hear music in zoom when someone shared their screen, only voice.

Thank you!!! No idea how I would have fixed this without your post.  Driver update didn't work but updating the "MyASUS" app for that setting finally fixed it.  Thanks!

I too had the same issue with LG Gram 15.

I found in the Realtek Audio Console under Speakers "Speakers Noise Cancellation (voice call)" turning it off fixed sharing zoom as host and as participant (see attachment).   I'm guessing Zoom is considered a voice call and it messes with the video audio.

Got a brandnew Acer Aspire5. Still same problems although newest drivers etc. - but thanks to community i solved it as described from zoommia.  Realtek Audio Console / Lautsprecher / Lautsprecher-Geräuschunterdrückung (Sprachanruf):  AUS - solved!!  Thank you! Also the jpg was helpful!

Hello tiwass, may i know how you solved on your Aspire 5, please? I tried with Zoomia's screenshot but it didn't work for me.  Thank you!

The Realtek audio console on my aspire 5 a515 45 R74z

20230221_175723.jpg

is very simplified. There are no choices for noise cancellation. I cannot figure out how to change or update that.

I've turned off every audio enhancements I could find everywhere else.

At acer.com, the only audio driver and audio console drivers are the ones I have installed 

Is there anything similar in an Acer aspire 5?

Thank you! Unchecking the noise-reducing AI-speaker worked for me with my ASUS Q420. I'm so glad I found your post after hours of trying other things.

zenlife
Listener

It's not just W11, but also W10.

frnzdmnc
Listener

Hello! I'm having the same issue and it's now a recurring one. The solution to reinstalling the audio driver is something that's not sustainable, especially if this issue keeps reoccurring.

Any idea how we can fox this other than reinstalling the driver?

i tried to re-installing zoom but was using the app downloaded from the website and audio problem keep happening (failed to detect speaker and microphone).

I tried to update the sound driver but the problem just keep appearing.

then finally,  I use the zoom version that is available on microsoft store instead (i am using Asus Zenbook UX425E win 11), and the problem is solved.