cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the link for a scheduled meeting work if a licence is reassigned?

CarolynEQ
Listener

A user has left the organization and had a scheduled meeting. If I reassign this zoom licence will the link for the scheduled meeting still work?

8 REPLIES 8

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello,
My name is Brandon. Thanks for joining the Zoom Community! Yes, as long as you did not delete that user from the organization, you can reassign the user license and all of their data will be intact. 

Thanks, 

Brandon 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Brandon/@YaBoiB, see my PM. Thanks!

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

YaBoiB

Hi @Ray_Harwood

You can respond on this thread. If I am wrong, I will gladly accept that. At the end of the day the customer having the correct information is most important to me. Thanks for your help on this thread. I truly appreciate it. 

Regards,

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

Hi Brandon - thank you very much for the quick reply. I'm not understanding what you're meaning by "as long as you did not delete that user from the organization".  They no longer have company system access.  If I reassign their licence will the meeting room link they previously sent out still work for the attendees and the person who I reassign their licence to? thank you!

YaBoiB

Hi @CarolynEQ

I guess what I should have asked first is did you delete the user, deactivate the user, or disassociate the user from your org.  As you can see from the screenshot below there are three choices when manipulating a user from your user database.  Which one of these choices did you choose for the user in question?

Screen Shot 2022-07-14 at 10.31.09 AM.png

Regards,

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

CarolynEQ
Listener

Hi Brandon - we haven't done anything with the user's Zoom licence. It's still active. If we transfer his licence to someone else will the link for the meeting he had setup still work? Thank you for your help!

Ray_Harwood

Hi, @CarolynEQ  and @YaBoiB ...

I've just done a test... and the answer surprised me (a little) and will surprise you too, I think.

On my GoodClix organization account, I have my own primary account "Ray", and several "helper" accounts.  Only one of those accounts, "Zoom1", had a Pro license attached to it.  Zoom1 only had one scheduled meeting.

My "Zoom3" account did not have any meetings scheduled (it's mostly used to join meetings in progress), and was a Basic/Free account.

I removed the license from Zoom1, which made the license "Available".  I went to the Zoom3 user and clicked the Licensed button:

Ray_Harwood_0-1657824013242.png

The drop-down message under that had an entry "Meeting (1 available)" which I selected, and saved.

I then refreshed the Zoom client app on both machines.  The meeting on Zoom1's schedule was still there; there was still no meeting on Zoom3's schedule.

I'd mentioned to Brandon on a private message that I thought that meetings were always attached to USERS.  It appears that is correct.

Unfortunately, Carolyn, this doesn't answer your question of how to move the meeting over to the other user on your account.  I'm still looking into ways to make this happen without having to delete a user in the process.

(I recorded some video of the process, which will need some editing and redacting... eventually I'll upload this as an example for everyone.  Seeing is believing!)

Ray_Harwood

@CarolynEQ - please check Zoom Community Private Message.