cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why the China has been removed from the data center list?

Jacob90
Listener

We just found China has been removed from the data center list in March, 2023, and we didn't get any announcement? 

We currently encounter network stability issue due to this, any thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jacob90
Listener

After submitted a case to Zoom Support, the engineer has helped to add the China data center back under our account.

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

i saw an article from ucsb which may be of interest:

Zoom Access from China
Article Updated: 11 days ago
Zoom Access from China

Faculty should direct students who are accessing Zoom class sessions from China to download the special Zoom client at: https://zoomcloud.cn/download

Per Zoom Video Communications Inc.,

"Zoom has confirmed that the zoom.us website is now accessible in China in addition to zoom.com. As such, local users in China should now be able to start and join Zoom Meetings and Zoom Video Webinars via the zoom.us website. Data of local China users will be stored in Zoom data centers located in China and these users will also be required to enter a valid mobile phone number to use Zoom.”

Given that it is the actions of the Chinese government to restrict internet access from within the country, there is little that UCSB can do to ensure consistent access to Zoom, and other campus resources, for students who are located in China. Access can also be highly variable depending on where in China the students are located.

Zoom Access from China – UCSB Support Desk Collaboration

Can anyone in China access this portal?  I have sent this to an individual in China in hopes that they will be able to connect.  We have been shut off from communicating for over a month.  It is very disappointing.  I am hoping someone will read our posts and provide a way for us to reconnect with the people in China.  Thank you in-advance. 

Jeffrey00
Listener

We faced same issue and cannot dial in through hardware device. We paid the subscriptions, Zoom One Business and Conference Room Connector, but suddenly it did not work and impact an important meeting. 

Why do not announce the change. 

Did you ever receive support from Zoom for this issue?  I have been emailing for weeks and posting here, and I have not been given a resolution.   Only Jing and SachinZoom responded and told me to send in a ticket.  When I sent a ticket, they only responded that they cannot respond and sent me a link - back to this Zoom Community.    Why is @Jacob90 the only one who has received a response? 

Jacob90
Listener

After submitted a case to Zoom Support, the engineer has helped to add the China data center back under our account.

Felixleung
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Hi Jocob90

We have a similar case here. Would you please let us know if you are using a business account also or just zoom one pro account? Thanks for your help. 

We're using the business account.

I have tried contacting Zoom Support through the Chat Box, and they will only redirect me back here to the Zoom Community.  I have tried to contact Zoom Sales, and they only provide a recorded music message.   I have "liked" every comment here in hopes that we will get a response.  How can this be resolved?  Individuals in China have been disconnected for over a month.  Has anyone here achieved a workable solution in addition to @Jacob90 ?  Jacob, how did you get a ticket through to Zoom Support?  Thank you in-advance.

reddate
Listener

We got a similar case here, can anyone help on this?

Was your situation resolved?  I cannot reach Zoom, and I only get recorded messages when I try to contact them.

@reddate @blondieinNC @Felixleung Did any of you receive a workable solution in Zoom regarding the Zoom access from China?  I continue to post and send emails, but I am not receiving responses.  It would be helpful for this to be fixed.  I'm sure you would agree.  Thank you in-advance for your response.

Hello Lindsay3347,

We recently removed our mainland China (Tianjin) data center as one of the options for Zoom Pro, Business, and Business Plus accounts.

Upon review of your account, this account is not eligible to be enabled for this specific data center request you have per your account profile. Zoom Pro, Business, Business Plus accounts have the option to select among other various regional data centers used for processing certain data when they host a meeting or webinar.

blondieinNC
Listener

I'm having the same issue and just submitted a ticket to zoom support.  I hope they can help me like they did for you!

How did you submit a ticket to Zoom?  What type of account do you have?

What type of account do you have?  What answer did you get after you submitted your ticket?

I have submitted tickets twice without responses. What options did you click?  Do you remember?  Did you receive a working response?  @blondieinNC  Thank you!

L7
Attendee

Zoom support said the only way this can be resolved is to get an answer from the Zoom Community.  How can this be resolved?  Thank you in-advance. 

ewalenza
Listener

Zoom support is pathetic, basically non-existent. Move to Teams. 

I came up with a number of different resolutions that worked. I am not a fan of MS programs with all their data-mining and collecting and their taking over your system with continual pop-ups and forcing Edge and Bing on you where you have to x-out of them repeatedly when you are trying to open documents sent as attachments.  But if Teams works for you and you like them, then whatever works - utilize your options.