cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why group shared applications?

larasuddes
Listener

Why did Zoom Meetings share option change to grouped applications? 

I specifically need to share different documents / apps at different times and I like to know what I'm sharing and not just any one of the open apps.  This is a security risk too - as I do not want to share attendee information in error, I have a class register with people's details on it in Excel, I also have work I want to share on excel. When I want to share, the app only shows me Excel (2) but does not let me choose which of the two documents 😞  Same with Youtube app, I have it open as well as a Google browser, now I cannot share them seperately.  The Zoom app only shows me a Google (2) and when I select that I cannot choose between YouTube app or Google browser page 😞

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I discovered that what fixed my problem was under settings, share screen, share application, share individual window.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @larasuddes, I'd suggest looking into the Sharing multiple screens simultaneously KB article and having someone else share their screen as well. Or just share your desktop with the applications you'd like open, however, if you'd like to hide your Zoom client from others you can go into your Zoom Settings > Share Screen > and Deselect 'Show my Zoom Windows to other participants when I am screen sharing' which will hide the Zoom windows when sharing screen (your meeting and client). 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

I discovered that what fixed my problem was under settings, share screen, share application, share individual window.