cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I record my meetings?

ABConstantine
Listener

Hello, Zoom Community.

I have gone through many help videos and articles discussing how to record Zoom meetings. All say it should be as easy as clicking the circular RECORD icon at the bottom of the screen. However, that button is missing whenever I try to host a meeting. What's up with that?

*It should be noted that I'm using the BASIC free version and Microsoft S Mode does not allow me to download the Zoom app, so I have been using the browser feature, but the problem persists even on my phone. The RECORD function is simply missing.

2 REPLIES 2

jaredallen
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @ABConstantine , welcome to the Zoom Community.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to use the Local Recording option from an Apple (iOS) or Android device. Cloud Recording is supported but requires a licensed account (Pro or above).

Similarly, Local Recording is not currently supported via the web client.

I would recommend one of the following options:

• Install the Zoom desktop client on your computer. This would allow you to use the local recording options.
  • Upgrade to a Zoom Pro account and use Cloud Recording on your mobile device.

Is there a reason why you're starting your starting Windows in Safe Mode?

Let me know if this answers your questions? If so, don’t forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution! 

jaredallen

Hi @ABConstantine,

Did the above reply answer your question? Let me know if I can be of any further assistance?