cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Did My Video Record in Split Screen?

philmandelbaum
Listener

Whenever I've video recorded my one-on-one meetings in the past, it recorded the person talking and then switched over when someone else spoke. This time, it kept the video on both screens the whole time and never went close up to the person talking. Did I accidentally change something in settings/preferences?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @katmh21, sounds like you've Adjusted your video layout during your meeting (link). You have the ability to select either Speaker view or gallery view in a meeting. You can also check out our KB on Recording layouts for future meetings you record! 🙂

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @katmh21, sounds like you've Adjusted your video layout during your meeting (link). You have the ability to select either Speaker view or gallery view in a meeting. You can also check out our KB on Recording layouts for future meetings you record! 🙂

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

I like to keep all my recordings on "Gallery View", where both attendees (I only have myself and one other person on all my meetings).  Is this change done in the settings? Or do I need to manually change this every time?  THank you. 

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @VGA as seen in the screenshot you have the options to change the view in-meeting. If you are in gallery view, the recording will be similar to the meeting client and display a grid layout of participants' video. The gallery view recording can display a maximum of 25 participants.

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his