cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White text bar appearing at the bottom of my screen

MartinRoland
Listener

When I sign into a Zoom meeting now, I have a white bar at the bottom of the screen with the words 'type something' in it, though they appear in mirror writing to me. I've no idea how I got it or how to get rid of it.  I've attached a picture. Can anyone help?

6 REPLIES 6

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @MartinRoland what's displayed in your screenshot is quite interesting, as I've never seen this or experienced this before... Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Zoom from https://zoom.us/download? Try that first and let me know if that helps. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

I'm having the EXACT same thing happen. It appeared yesterday - embarrassing in a meting I was running. It's there every time I open Zoom. AND even though it syas 'tyep something' I can't get into that space at all. BTW, this popped up shortly after I did the latest update. 

I know you're going to recommend uninstall/reinstall - I have a load of videos and participant lists stored. Do that 'stay put' if I do the uninstall/reinstall?

It seems unlikely that it's an install issue since it's happening across a range of users.

kingj33
Listener

I have had the same thing happen to me. I am currently in a Zoom meeting so uninstalling and reinstalling is not an option. I have looked at all the possible helps through settings, but none seem to help.

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @MartinRoland checking in on your discussion and was wondering if uninstalling/reinstalling helped? 

Also, @kingj33 can you screenshot what you're seeing as well? 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

QuantumBuc
Listener

I just encountered this problem and see that no resolution was every posted here. I eventually figured it out. It's not Zoom's issue, it's Logitech Capture.  There's an option under the "magic wand" icon (see screenshot attached) to enable "Text Overlay" with the default text, "type something." It seems that this option somehow got enabled without my doing so (and may have happened to you as well). Toggling the Text Overlay off solves the problem.

Thanks for that. I had my suspicions.