cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which laptop/tablet signal is recorded to the cloud when co-hosting?

TheMysticReader
Listener

We are using Zoom Meeting and "record to cloud" and I am co-hosting. I join her in her meeting room, she sets the Spotlight on herself, then makes me her co-host and begins the class. From there,  I continue letting attendees into her room and at a certain moment in the class, as co-host, I start to record to the cloud.

We got a recording with a lot of freezes and we need to know if upgrading her outbound signal will solve the problem.

Is Zoom recording what my laptop is experiencing/relaying or what her tablet is beaming?  In a way this seems a dumb question (apols) because we know it is her camera and microphone, beaming from her tablet to all of us, but I genuinely would like to know if the Zoom Record function is just receiving/recording directly from her tablet's output, just like each of us as participants, or if the recording involves my internet signal with my laptop as a relay to the cloud recording function. 

2 REPLIES 2

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @TheMysticReader 

The Cloud recording settings are taken from the account of the original Host (the person on whose account the meeting was organized). At https://zoom.us/profile/setting?tab=recording

Rupert_0-1633549580637.png

TheMysticReader
Listener

@RupertThanks for that response and I do know that she is controlling the settings -- it is her meeting and her account -- I am just an attendee temporarily elevated to Co-host. 

What I am asking is, full on technically, which device is Zoom recording the literal bits and bytes of the session from? Is it just her output stream from her tablet and the quality of her internet connection that is the sole source of freezes (or distorted sound) that have ended up in the recording? Does my internet have anything to do with these recorded distortions? (Again, logically I feel confident that it is dependent solely on her device and net-service as the zoom host but I just wanted to double check that.)