cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is my recording?

jacafrao
Listener

I was on a meeting and I was recording it. I was saving it on my computer but suddenly zoom crashed and I don't know where is the recording. Please help

6 REPLIES 6

KimRoyle
Listener

I had the same thing happen to me. A co-worker advised me to look in my deleted folder and lo and behold, there it was! Try that.. and click on recover. Good luck!🙂

Where is the "deleted" folder???

@BONITAWATSON104, you may be able to find and recover deleted local recordings from Recycle Bin for Windows and Trash folder on a Mac. Cloud recordings may possibly be recovered from your trash folder in the Zoom web portal.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360048488451-Deleting-local-or-cloud-recordings

Bri
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Bri
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @jacafrao , I would suggest opening the Zoom desktop client, clicking the Meetings tab, and then the Recorded tab. Let me know if this helps!

Bri
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

MichaelG1
Listener

I had the same problem and this advice was no help at all

michaelBhavel
Listener

When you record a Zoom meeting, the default location for saving the recording depends on your computer's settings. By default, Zoom saves the recorded files in the "Documents" folder on your computer.

To locate your Zoom recording, follow these steps:

1. Open the "Documents" folder on your computer.
  2. Look for a subfolder named "Zoom" or "Zoom Recordings."
  3. Open the Zoom folder to find your recorded files.
  4. Within the Zoom folder, you should see separate folders for each meeting you have recorded. Open the relevant folder to find your specific recording.

If you can't find the recording in the "Documents" folder, you can try the following:

1. Open the Zoom application on your computer.
  2. Go to the "Settings" menu by clicking on your profile picture in the top-right corner.
  3. In the settings window, select the "Recording" tab on the left-hand side.
  4. In the "Recording Location" section, you will see the current location where Zoom saves your recordings. You can click the "Open" button next to it to navigate directly to that folder.

If you have customized your recording save location in the Zoom settings, it's possible that your recordings are saved in a different folder that you specified. In that case, follow the steps above, but instead of checking the default "Documents" folder, navigate to the folder you designated for saving Zoom recordings.

Remember that these instructions are based on the default settings, and your specific setup might differ slightly. If you're still having trouble finding your Zoom recording, referring to Zoom's official support documentation or reaching out to their support team directly can provide more specific guidance.