cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is 'Remember my name' information stored?

TrinityR
Listener

We are in a VDI environment and I'm struggling to location where Zoom is storing information when a user checks the box to Remember my name for future meetings.   Does anyone know where this information is being stored?  Our users have to re-enter this every time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

To make a permanent change to the display name, log onto the Zoom.us .web page for your account. Notice the text in small font on your Profile tab, circled below in the middle of the screen:

Ray_Harwood_0-1654909109303.jpeg

Click the Edit button on the right side to make a “permanent” change by editing the Display Name which is highlighted yellow here:

Ray_Harwood_1-1654909211973.jpeg

It’s “permanent” until you come back here and change it. If you change it anywhere else in Zoom, it’s only for that session – as you’ve discovered.  

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Ray_Harwood

To make a permanent change to the display name, log onto the Zoom.us .web page for your account. Notice the text in small font on your Profile tab, circled below in the middle of the screen:

Ray_Harwood_0-1654909109303.jpeg

Click the Edit button on the right side to make a “permanent” change by editing the Display Name which is highlighted yellow here:

Ray_Harwood_1-1654909211973.jpeg

It’s “permanent” until you come back here and change it. If you change it anywhere else in Zoom, it’s only for that session – as you’ve discovered.  

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

I will test this out on Monday.  My Display name was already populated from our SSO, but it appears that extra save when editing the profile causes it to be 'permanent'.  Good insight!  I was losing my mind thinking the client was storing this somewhere on the desktop.  I'll accept as solution once I test it with a few users.  Thanks

This solution did resolve the single user question.  Setting what our SSO passes as Display Name was the ultimate fix.