cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When Using Firefox, Zoom Launches Invalid Meeting ID

jemes894
Listener

The title pretty much describes it. At seemingly random times while I am browsing in Firefox my Zoom desktop application will start and show the message

Invalid meeting ID

Please check and try again.

Simultaneously, a new tab will automatically open to my organization's authentication web page. Something seems to be trying to start a non-existent Zoom meeting, but I have no idea what or why. I am not signed into Zoom, Zoom was not running in the background, I have the setting "Start Zoom when I start Windows" unchecked, and I have no scheduled upcoming meetings at the moment.

I have googled every combination of terms I can think of, but the only potentially relevant item I found was a question from 2017 on Mozilla's support site:

JimWilliams

Every time I open Firefox it opens a nonexistent Zoom Meeting where it tells me the host has not joi...stain removel

There is no reason I can find that a Zoom Meeting window opens every time I open Firefox -- I even signed up for Zoom so I could make sure it didn't show I had any meetings scheduled recurring or otherwise. But having done that and rebooted -- a Zoom Meeting window opens asking me to join a nonexistent recurring meeting where it indicates it is waiting for the host to initiate the meeting. Takes forever (it seems). How can I end this problem?

[...several unhelpful replies hidden...]

jscher2000 - Support Volunteer | Top 10 Contributor

In Firefox 56 and earlier, with the old "new tab page," sometimes a tile from history would trigger an odd behavior such a message that Firefox wanted to launch a different application. The approach to that was to remove any tiles that might trigger the unwanted behavior. I don't know if that is an issue with the new "Activity Stream" page, or whether you have that page as your home page.

Example old thread: Why does another application launch when I open a new tab? Plug-in is in Firefox and I can't get rid...

This question seems to match my own, but the reply blames an old version of Firefox (I am using Firefox 102.0.1) and the new-tab page (which I don't think I had open when this problem occurred). However, based on the thread's suggestion, I deleted every page from my browser history containing the term "zoom" and I'll wait to see if doing so resolved the bug.

(P.S. I apologize to the mods for the zoom-sdk tag. I can't find an existing tag relating to general Zoom questions. Please feel free to edit if you have better tag ideas.)

1 REPLY 1

JimmyWick
Attendee

If you are still facing the invalid meeting id error, then go to the phone settings and follow the below steps.

In Settings, Go to the Apps > Manage apps > Zoom app > Clear Data and cache.

Try this.