cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I share my screen it's pitch black

wp
Listener

When I share my screen it's pitch black to the people viewing. Not on my end, but theirs.  I have a paid version, have updated it and rebooted my computer. Any suggestions? I can view when others share their screens, but again - they just can't see mine.

4 REPLIES 4

colegs
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

WP,

Do you happen to be behind a firewall?  It is possible that is blocking screen share for you.   If so, you might try from a different location (without connecting to a VPN) to see if that resolves the issue.  If you are not in and office and not using a VPN, we would have to consider other options.

Thanks.

jusgure
Listener

WP,

This sounds like an issue I ran into with one of our end users. It ended up being an old, under-powered processor (I think it was a Windows XP PC) that was causing this issue. Can you send us your PC specs?

Thanks

stephanie_ross
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

Hi wp, 

Have you seen this support document ? 

Zoom Support - Black screen during screen sharing 

-Stephanie

Zoom Phone SE

Aiza
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

Hello WP, 

What kind of content are you sharing?  If you are sharing Netflix or something like this, copyrights reserved contents, you can still see on your end, for end-users will be a black screen.  

Try to update your Zoom client to the latest version. 

Share screen (black screen) should not matter of account type, either is paid or free. 

Check if the share screen is being blocked by your PC anti-virus. 

Definitely recommend checking this: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/202082128-Black-screen-during-screen-sharing?mobile_site=t...

Hope you will resolve your issue with the above recommendations. 

Good Luck WP 🙂