cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I add a user, do they lose their independent zoom account?

drkarenkan
Listener

I'm a bit confused about adding a user to my organization. I paid for a second license. I am hiring a mentor for my students for 12 months, however, they have an independent practice which also requires zoom.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360028938451

It sounds like when they accept my invitation, they are merged with my organization and will lose independent access to their own zoom account and I'd be paying for everything.

So how does he keep his own zoom account at the same time that he can login to mine as a user and run meetings?

Thank you!

Dr. Karen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @drkarenkan 

Yes, when a user accepted an invitation to join your account, they are now under your admin control and must be provided any necessary licenses by you (if you want to). There isn't really a way to have them both be a part of your account and not, at least with the same email. 

If they need to maintain their personal account AND also be a user on your account, it would be best for them to provide a secondary email that you can invite into your account, while their primary email remains tied to their personal account. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Bort

Hi @drkarenkan 

Yes, when a user accepted an invitation to join your account, they are now under your admin control and must be provided any necessary licenses by you (if you want to). There isn't really a way to have them both be a part of your account and not, at least with the same email. 

If they need to maintain their personal account AND also be a user on your account, it would be best for them to provide a secondary email that you can invite into your account, while their primary email remains tied to their personal account. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Thanks so much!!