cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's going to happen if more than 100 people are trying to connect ?

Jonathan_bau
Listener

I have the "zoom pro version" which is limited to 100 people. 

But I don't want to pay for the extension "Large Meetings". Too expensive. 

What's going to happen if more than 100 people are trying to connect ? 

Is zoom going to prevent the next people from connecting ? Is zoom going to stop the meeting ? ...

thanks for your help and,

sorry for my english 

14 REPLIES 14

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @Jonathan_bau 

When your meeting has reached capacity, any new participants that try to join will be shown a message saying the meeting is at capacity. They will not be able to join, and the current meeting will continue without interruption. 

@Jonathan_bau- Do you know if there is a way to edit the message latecomers read if the meeting is at capacity?   ( I would like to tell them to check a link for a recording if they come back in a day)

sorry this question should have been directed to Bort

Bort

Hi @dwliu123 

No, it is not currently possible to edit that message. 

Hi Bort,

I have a Zoom Pro licence & I am arranging a one-off event where more than 100 people could join. Is there an option to pay a higher fee only if the 100 attendee limit is exceeded and to only have that apply for the day? I don't want to pay higher ongoing fees for a service that I would not need again

Thanks Ian

Bort

Hi @IanWest 

Unfortunately, there is nothing available that would only kick-in and charge you IF you happen to exceed your maximum capacity. You would need to purchase the add-on and have it assigned if you want your maximum participant limit increased. 

Zoom is just way too expensive and not flexible at all. Its time we started moving over to Teams. Lot for flexible and way cheaper for large meetings. 

If we have reached capacity but have someone still in the waiting room, will we be able to admit the person in the waiting room if someone leaves the meeting and thus frees up a seat?

Hey @Bort, If I enable live streaming to Facebook, when my meeting reaches the 100 capacity, would the late comers be directed to the live stream? 

Bort

Hi @KikiPaddy 

Unfortunately, it will not direct them to the live stream. I'd suggest informing your attendees of the live stream ahead of time and advising them to go to your Facebook page to find the stream if they cannot join the live meeting. 

Thanks for that suggestion. I'll do that. 

ZoomUser2008
Participant

Hi @Jonathan_bau 

I agree with @Bort .

They receive a message, But it doesn't disturb you or the meeting. 

ZoomUser2008

KonMon
Listener

Hi @Bort, I scheduled a meeting with a Pro license and added the large meetings add-on after.  Do i need to recreate a new meeting or will it just allow more than 100 participants to join?

Bort

Hi @KonMon 

As long as you've assigned the Large Meeting add-on to yourself before you start the meeting, you will have the increased capacity. No need to create a new meeting, just to assign the license. This support article has info about how to assign licenses, if you need it: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115004976063-Assigning-Zoom-licenses

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any further questions. Otherwise, make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.