cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to side-by-side speaker view? Eliminated from Zoom?

copy
Listener

Did Zoom get rid of side-by-side speaker view? The thing where you see one person large and the other participants are little thumbnails in a vertical column on the right side of the screen. I can't find it any more. I think it may still be offered in full-screen mode but I need it in non-full-screen. I am NOT talking about screen sharing. I am NOT talking about gallery view. I am NOT talking about when the thumbnails are in a horizontal row at the top of the screen which is stupid idea and colossal waste of screen space because it forces the main window to shrink whereas the main speaker can remain as big as you want if the thumbnails are in a column on the right side, which used to be option.

Again - there is lots of information online about the thumbnails on the right during screen sharing but that is NOT what I am asking about.

3 REPLIES 3

ZoomTestKitchen
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Do you recall what that view was called or how you achieved getting to it?

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @copy 

Side-by-side mode still exists and I use it often when viewing someone's shared content. Are you viewing content or sharing content, as this is only available when you are just viewing?  Also, are using the desktop client, or perhaps the PWA, which is run within your web browser? 

I realize that this is a very old thread, but I am trying to get side-by-side to work to allow me to record the view (I am the webinar host with someone else as a panelist who is screen sharing) as presentation and panelist side-by-side and/or be able (as host) switch the recorded/attendee view between the panelist speaker and their presentation to maintain a more interesting viewing experience.  If the attendee view is entirely the slide presentation, the view gets very boring (especially when viewing the recording of a past event).  Thanks in advance if you can you help with this?