cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to Slide Control?

JRB
Listener

Just yesterday, I was experimenting with the new Slide Control feature that came out with version 5.8.3, and now it is gone! It has reverted back to Remote Control. The Slide Control help page is visible in Google search results, but it appears to have been locked/taken down as well. Is Slide Control coming back? It was an excellent feature that solved a lot of problems I encounter with Remote Control. 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Unfortunately, the feature was rolled back due to some issues during deployment. Release notes will be updated when the feature is available again. 

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

Bort

Unfortunately, the feature was rolled back due to some issues during deployment. Release notes will be updated when the feature is available again. 

Was there communication on the feature being rolled back?  This would be helpful.  And when it is deployed again, that information would also be beneficial.

Thank you.

Bort

We are working on better ways to communicate when a feature has been rolled back from availability. As for this feature, it is scheduled to be released later this month. Official release notes should be available later this week. 

I see this feature was listed in the latest release that I upgraded to today:  5.8.4 but I don't see anything in the release notes that accompanied it.

kjhartma
Community Champion | Customer

Does remote control need to be enabled for slide control to work?  Or the person I want to have slide control be a host/co-host?  I don't see the options for slide control in a meeting unless I am missing something, and it is enabled in my settings, I'm on 5.8.6

Bort

I would recommend ensuring it is enabled in your web settings, then logging out and back in on the desktop client. That should sync the desktop client with your web settings and allow it to work in a meeting. It should not require any other settings be enabled. 

JRB
Listener

Glad to see slide control with the most recent update! I am now on 5.8.6 with Slide Control enabled in the web settings. When testing with another colleague who has the same updates and settings turned on, we are able to give slide control to each other, but the buttons do not work. We are both on Macs. Is there another step we need to take? 

kjhartma

Does the other individual I'm trying to share slides with need to be on a desktop/laptop, or can they be on mobile?  Other party I was testing this with was using Zoom app on iPhone and I can't find the arrow buttons to give them slide control.  Where do I even find those?

Bort

Currently slide control is only available for the desktop clients. 

kjhartma

Yes, I was able to test with a colleague late last night with her desktop and it worked perfectly.  This is a great feature, thank you.

Any information about issues for Mac users? I see a few comments here, myself included, that this feature is still not working despite following all the instructions and guidelines.

I'm having the same exact issue and we're Mac users as well. 

gmerrick
Listener

I'm having the same issue as JRB.  My colleague and I tested today. We're also Mac users and able to give slide control to each other, but the banner announcement and the slide control buttons never appear.  Is this a Mac issue?

kjhartma

Hmm, my colleague I tested with was on a Mac, but had no issue seeing buttons.

jimmytango78
Listener

Hey guys, anyone know if there's an issue with the Slide control functionality on Mac? I have enabled it in settings but no button appears in the Share panel (I'm on the latest version, 5.9.3). Is there something I'm missing?

kjhartma

I'm on Windows, but the only thing I've noticed is that you must have your slides in presentation of full screen mode first, then share the slides, and the slide control button appears.  If you share slides without being in fullscreen, the button wasn't appearing for me.  This happened to me on Windows and a colleague on Mac.

jimmytango78
Listener

Thanks very much @kjhartma ! Great tip, that solved it for me! Cheers

Listener

OK sir