cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does a removed participant see?

JakeM
Listener

I am the Host and when I remove a participant, what do they see. Do they just get dropped off of Zoom with no explanation or do they get a message like "The Host has removed you from the Zoom meeting."? 

If they try to get back into the meeting, what do they see? Do they see nothing but are still unable to get in the meeting or do they get a message that they have been removed by the Host.

I want to get rid of some people quietly, but I do NOT want to start any fights.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ami_88
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

As a host you can :

• mute a specific participant but he/she will get notification "The host muted you" & he/she can mute him/ herself back, unless you remove the option for participants to unmute themselves then he/she that you muted will get this notification message "The host is not allowing participants to unmute themselves" if they try to unmute themselves  ---> see screenshot 1&2
  • put that specific participant(s) in waiting room . ---> see screenshot 3
  • lock the meeting room so that no other participant is able to join ---> see screenshot 1

this support article cover managing participants in a meeting, here

Other options that I can think of : 

1. You can schedule this meeting with waiting room & admit only the participants that you would like to join.
  2. You can schedule this meeting with registration with manual approval & approve only participants you would like them to attend.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Ami_88

Hi @JakeM thank you for your post here on the Zoom Community!

• Yes the removed participant get "The host has removed you from this meeting" notification message
  • If he/she try to join the meeting again they will get a notification " you are unable to rejoin this meeting because you were previously removed by the host" notification message but you can allow them to rejoin the meeting, here is the support article for how to allow them back

This link on Zoom Blog cover this topic in details .

And this support article cover managing participants in a meeting, here

If this has answered your question to your satisfaction, please click the "Accept as Solution" so that other community members can benefit from it 🙂

Thanks for the information. I do NOT want to start a fight by letting them know that I removed them. Can I at least mute them and not let them unmute themselves? If I do mute them, will they get a message that the Host has muted them?

Ami_88

As a host you can :

• mute a specific participant but he/she will get notification "The host muted you" & he/she can mute him/ herself back, unless you remove the option for participants to unmute themselves then he/she that you muted will get this notification message "The host is not allowing participants to unmute themselves" if they try to unmute themselves  ---> see screenshot 1&2
  • put that specific participant(s) in waiting room . ---> see screenshot 3
  • lock the meeting room so that no other participant is able to join ---> see screenshot 1

this support article cover managing participants in a meeting, here

Other options that I can think of : 

1. You can schedule this meeting with waiting room & admit only the participants that you would like to join.
  2. You can schedule this meeting with registration with manual approval & approve only participants you would like them to attend.