cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird keyboard issue related to zoom

pharmit
Listener

So super weird issue that only has zoom as the common thread.

Issue: After being in a Zoom meeting for 20-30 minutes, the user's keyboard stops working. This is while in the zoom call and after leaving it. This is an ongoing issue and the user has updated zoom 3 times since the issue occurred and it's still present. User is completely up to date with all OS, app, and driver updates.

What I've tried:

• Restarting the computer

• Updating Windows 10

• Upgrading to Windows 11

• Updating all available drivers

• Updating Zoom

• Uninstalling/Reinstalling Zoom

• Removing and re-adding keyboard drivers

• Complete wipe of Windows and all personal information

• Assigning a brand new laptop

• Using an external keyboard

Whenever it does go away, regardless of what I do, it comes back once the user joins a Zoom meeting. No idea where to go next.

4 REPLIES 4

keyboardissues
Listener

I have exactly the same problem, except that it does not occur when I am the zoom host. When I join meetings hosted by others, I can almost never use the chat because  of this problem. One or two letters I key in will appear, but backspace or delete don't work either. I also cannot write in other apps until I restart my laptop.

pasadenabill
Listener

I am experiencing the same problem on a Windows 11 machine. As soon as a Zoom call starts, my Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon's keyboard stops operating. The CapsLock key and the Microphone key light up and the keyboard stops. The only way to get it to work again is to wait until the Zoom call is over and restart the PC. 

Has anybody at Zoom figured out why this is occurring?

zazoom
Listener

I am experiencing the same very annoying problem. As soon as I'm in a meeting, the keyboard switches off - even if I open the browser or start another program, for example - the keyboard doesn't work at all until I close Zoom.
UNUSABLE

sterling_c
Listener

I've had a user in my organization report this exact issue today while using Zoom on a MacBook. M1 MacBook Pro, OS is up to date on 14.2.1, and the Zoom app is also up to date. Restarting the machine resolved the issue, but that's not an ideal solution for users currently in a meeting.