cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webinars and Meetings Scheduling Conflict

RB3Water
Listener

Multiple people in our organisation use zoom. Apparently the webinar calendar and meeting calendar do not talk to each other and a meeting was scheduled to start in the middle of an ongoing webinar which resulted in approx 300 attendees being instantly kicked out of the webinar when the meeting started. Does anyone know of a setting or way to prevent webinars and meetings being scheduled at the same time to prevent this issue in the future since you can not host both at the same time?

4 REPLIES 4

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer

It seems odd that a single user would schedule their own meeting and webinar in the same time frame. Is it possible that more than one user was sharing a zoom licence?

RB3Water
Listener

Yes sorry, we have multiple users sharing a zoom license. At this point we are not permitted to purchase additional licenses so trying to figure out if there is a work around. Everyone does log in using the same credentials though so I assumed that since you can't host a webinar at the same time as a meeting that Zoom would not allow scheduling conflicts like this.

Frank_TB

I don’t work for Zoom, but my understanding is that your group is violating the Zoom Terms of Use as sharing licenses is not permitted.

A single user normally can’t be in two meetings, two webinars or a meeting and a webinar at the same time. Joining a new session will end the current session. 

RB3Water
Listener

Ah ok, i wasn't aware of that. Thanks for the info. I'm pretty new to using zoom