cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ways to disable auto updates on Zoom (Ubuntu)

kamesh
Listener

Hello all,

At the moment, we use zoomus.conf to configure some settings. Which was given by Zoom as a template initially when we setup. We do not have any control over Zoom auto updates for now. We would like to implement the same as we've been seeing lots of crashes recently. What setting would I need in zoomus.conf for the Zoom to stop auto updating ? There are no clear instructions in any of Zoom articles.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

I am trying to get updates but on the settings-General tab, I don't have the box showing to check.  Any ideas?  Zoom HELP has been a pointless and unhelpful exercise.   Thx. much   S   

kamesh
Listener

Hey @RachelGomez123, I need to apply this for all the users in our compan 🙂 Not only for an individual.

Thanks.

SallyFlowers
Listener

I am trying to get automatic updates, but under Settings/General, I don't have the Update check box that Zoom Help keeps directing me to.    Any ideas  Thx  S

Adrian7
Listener

in the current zoom version, the setting is be removed.

I also need a central solution. I have tried to set some parameters in the zoomus.conf file without success.
It would be sufficient to deactivate the information banner.

JoL2
Listener

I have this setting disabled on the app, however, every time I open Zoom it requests an update.  Is this a requirement of a free account?