cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Way to tell Zoom to update when I want it to update, not in the middle of a meeting ?

polkatornado
Listener

I found the setting options to let Zoom automatically update .. However it seems that Zoom always decides to update when I am in the middle of a meeting ?  Then my screen freezes , I have to leave meeting, then come back later ..   //    If i turn off automatic updates, then will I get  any updates ?  I would like a way to instruct Zoom to update , or search for updates, on my command, in my timing..     Is there a set of menu options to achieve that ?  

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

colegs
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@polkatornado the Zoom client is supposed to check for an active meeting before doing the update.  That being said, if you are finding that it is updating while you are in a meeting, you can turn off the autoupdates and manually update on your own schedule by clicking on your profile picture and clicking on the "check for updates" menu option.

If this answers your question, please click on "Accept as Solution" below.

View solution in original post

thank you colegs..    I did not realize clicking on my pic could get more menu options. I will give that a try.    cheers

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

colegs

@polkatornado the Zoom client is supposed to check for an active meeting before doing the update.  That being said, if you are finding that it is updating while you are in a meeting, you can turn off the autoupdates and manually update on your own schedule by clicking on your profile picture and clicking on the "check for updates" menu option.

If this answers your question, please click on "Accept as Solution" below.

thank you colegs..    I did not realize clicking on my pic could get more menu options. I will give that a try.    cheers

hey hey that worked..   often times it is something so darn simple 🙂