cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting Room

DHirsh-W2W
Listener

If the Host and Co-Host lose connection and all participants move into the waiting room, does this also pause the meeting if it's being recorded?  Will the action of moving participants to the waiting room pause recording of the meeting until the Host or Co-Host can rejoin the meeting?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @DHirsh-W2W 

That's an interesting question and I'm not sure. I'm asking around and will let you know what I can find out. 

View solution in original post

Bort

Hi @DHirsh-W2W 

Chatted with @vescamilla about this and he tested it to see exactly what would happen. Apparently, a recording will continue, even with all participants in the Waiting Room. The recording for that period when everyone is in the Waiting Room or reconnecting will just display the name of the last participant to leave the meeting. As everyone rejoins, the recording will capture their video and audio just as it did before. 

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any further questions. Otherwise, make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Bort

Hi @DHirsh-W2W 

That's an interesting question and I'm not sure. I'm asking around and will let you know what I can find out. 

Bort

Hi @DHirsh-W2W 

Chatted with @vescamilla about this and he tested it to see exactly what would happen. Apparently, a recording will continue, even with all participants in the Waiting Room. The recording for that period when everyone is in the Waiting Room or reconnecting will just display the name of the last participant to leave the meeting. As everyone rejoins, the recording will capture their video and audio just as it did before. 

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any further questions. Otherwise, make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Bort, Thank you for following through with this.  I appreciate knowing what to expect should something like this ever happens.