cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting Room won't turn off

OregonCB
Listener

Hi there,

I have tried and tried again to turn off the waiting room in my Zoom account, and even though the settings show it to be off, and show that participants can join without the host, it never works.

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Keep in mind, if you change settings on the Settings page, that will be the new default when scheduling new meetings, but has no effect on already scheduled meetings. To change the behavior of an already scheduled meeting, you need to edit that meeting itself and change the settings there. This is particularly important for your Personal Meeting ID, which has its own tab on the Meetings page. 

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26

Bort

Keep in mind, if you change settings on the Settings page, that will be the new default when scheduling new meetings, but has no effect on already scheduled meetings. To change the behavior of an already scheduled meeting, you need to edit that meeting itself and change the settings there. This is particularly important for your Personal Meeting ID, which has its own tab on the Meetings page. 

How do you change an already scheduled meeting?

Hi, go on zoom, like the app where you open to have your meetings. On top, click on meetings. Your meeting ID should show up on the left. Click on it and and in the centre it pops up again but this time it says copy invitation and edit. Click on edit, and there it shows waiting room and you need to check that off. 

My god, thanks for that..... Why did they bury that so deep?  I hate it when they do an update and then change the defaults to what they think is best for you.  Leave my settings alone when you do an update for crying out loud!!!!

I've done that and still get the waiting room for a scheduled meeting -- even when I have gone to the General Meeting settings and disabled the waiting room there (something that I don't like doing).

Even though I have already done that it's still does not turn off waiting room and it's quite annoying if their is any other way to turn it off please tell me (Also I am a licensed Zoom User)

This is not working at all. I have it turned off everywhere for weeks and still the meetings send them to the waiting room, I have checked my personal meeting ID and that is set the same, and when I open up the meetings themselves the 'more' options in the participant tab say 'enable waiting room', but it is already enabled and I want to stop it!!!

oh

OregonCB
Listener

Thanks!

kevin-kaarta
Listener

This is incorrect advice from Zoom. The waiting room option does not turn off even though the settings indicator shows that Waiting Room is not enabled! I just did two meetings this week where my option was set to disable Waiting Room and it STILL enabled the Waiting room. This is not working.  What's worse is that I don't always see the 'admit' label during the meeting and someone waited for 10 minutes and gave up. That was an important person to be in the meeting. 

stevebrancale
Listener

I am having this exact same issue, our sales ops verified that my settings are set up correctly to turn the waiting room off but people still get put it in every time and this is for new meetings, not old. 

Same thing is happening to me. 

mill42
Listener

Yes, I am having the same issue as well! Really annoying. The waiting room is disabled in my account but people keep being sent there!

Alexandra5
Listener

I got to accounts and have the same settings on both of them. I’ve been checking a hundred times and can’t find any difference. I never use scheduled meetings on any of them. One account work as it should with no waiting-room, participants can join before host and with the option for the host to enable the waiting room in the app. The other account keeps sending everyone to the waiting room or shows ”waiting for the host to start the meeting”

This is extremely annoying. Could some support person please check my account and solve the problem?

IMG_1121.png

Kellen_terrett
Listener

I am so confused at what settings I need to get rid of waiting rooms entirely. Can anyone please help?

ok

OregonCB
Listener

Doing the settings in these photos has fixed it for me, for all NEW meetings.

Still doesn’t work 😣

Shoot! I did call their customer service about this issue a month ago, and the agent informed me that the meetings have to have the passcode setting on to allow no waiting room, but other than that, I am not sure what could be causing it. Sorry to not be more helpful. The agent I talked to was helpful though if you are up for giving them another call.

it dident  nether

Alexandra5
Listener

Sad to say that I already tried both to have it turned on and off. I’ve seen the info at the top of “security “ 

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

On my Zoom account it is required that you must have at least one security measure. If you don't choose an alternative method the waiting room is the default.

Screen Shot 2023-04-26 at 11.05.45 AM.png

Regards

hollyjared
Listener

You have to go to the drop down menu just below and to the right of the new meeting button and do the setting in there. You will have to have a password if you turn off the waiting room but you can set it to something simple like "1". See screenshot instruction slide that is attached to this reply. 

azola
Listener

Experience same issue, my workaround is using the Zoom Schedular add-on.

Any solution to this issue? Even Zoom Slack shortcut has waiting room enabled.

kootcoop
Listener

I had similar issue and just got it to work!!   In Account Management>Account Settings, I disabled the waiting room *and locked the setting*.  

Before locking, I had disabled the waiting room in both Settings and Account Settings, had a meeting passcode, and had allowed 'join before host' to happen anytime.  Yet whenever someone tried to enter the room, it sent them to a waiting room.  When I locked the setting, it now behaves as expected - allowing any person to start a meeting if they know the meeting id and passcode. When I unlock the setting, the waiting room returns. 

This fix works for me but would be a challenge for those whose accounts have some meetings that require a waiting room and others that don't. 

This issue has started for me in the last month. 

mnguyen-starrez
Listener

I have the same issue in a corporate environment, when turn off the waiting room, it works for some users but doesnt for some. Hope Zoom developers fix this.