cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting Room Participants Order

dounan
Listener

When participants arrive in the waiting room or a meeting, they used to be arraigned in order of their arrival. However, now they are placed in alphabetical order. Is there a way to toggle this back? I am a teacher trying to take attendance before I start the meeting and it is difficult when the list is constantly rearranging to fit participants in alphabetically. 

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @dounan, as far as I know, the arrangement order for the waiting room when participants join is non-changeable. You can submit any ideas and suggestions to https://zoom.us/feed

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @dounan, as far as I know, the arrangement order for the waiting room when participants join is non-changeable. You can submit any ideas and suggestions to https://zoom.us/feed

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

My coworkers waiting room is in order of arrival while mine is alphabetical. It is possible I just can not find the settings. This is a huge issue for me.

Did you figure this out?

I can't believe that Zoom does not have a simple sort option for participants. We are creating custom invite links with the names embedded from our Court calendar. They are currently showing up in the order the party enters the session.  We are trying to use our case calendar number, case number, and name of party. Then sort by custom name.

#1 77777 Billy Smith

#3 22222 John Doe

#3 22222 Jane Doe

Unfortunately, they are all in different orders and now it is hard to find related parties.

chschschs
Listener

I see you asked this question in 2021. There are two ways to to order participants in the waiting room: alphabetically; or, in the order they arrive to the waiting room. If your administrator allows, you can find the setting to decide this in the Zoom portal/Settings/Security/Waiting Room.