cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volume (input and output) too low on Mac - All settings are on and set to Max Volume

KAlstrin
Listener

Using an iMac with Monterey upgraded March, 2022 my input and output volume too low for me and my participants. I have double checked that all audio settings both for Zoom and my Mac are on with the correct mic and speakers (default system)  and set to Max Volume. The volume issues are corrected (sort of) when I pop in my AirPods. HOWEVER,  the AirPods do not work for audio (mic or speaker) they simply kick my iMac speaker and mic into "on" (or more functional?). HOWEVER AGAIN, I then cannot adjust the now MAX volume down using either Zoom or my Mac volume controls. This started *I think* about a week ago with the latest Mac OS 12.2.1 update. Previously, I had zero issues and have been adjusting mic and speaker volume when in Zoom just fine. This problem is ONLY with Zoom. I do not have this issue with other video host apps (FaceTime, Google Meet, Teams, music, etc.). 

9 REPLIES 9

IP-Man
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@KAlstrin 

You may need to do a clean uninstallation of your Zoom client to resolve this issue.

If you have a Mac -  try uninstalling Zoom by using their uninstall file instead of putting the Application in the trash.

You can do this by going to Applications -> right clicking on zoom.us -> Show package contents -> open Contents -> open Frameworks -> use the ZoomUninstaller file.

After this, try to reinstall Zoom again.

Hope this helps.

If this has answered or help find a solution to your question , please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Cheers!

It also happens when using Zoom through the web host (not the app). 

This solution solved my problem, which was... SONY Bluetooth headphones stopped working after Mac OS update to Monterey. After clean uninstall and reinstall as suggested, headphones worked and sound was even much improved. Thank you IP Man

IP-Man

@cnancyc , it is on this original answer to Kalstrin's query.

Cheers!

this seems to be the original answer to Kalstrin, yet no place to accept solution.

IP-Man

@cnancyc , could you please  hit accept the solution on the solution that solved your issue so that others in the community may benefit as well.

Cheers!

cnancyc
Listener

IP Man, I don't see where I can "accept the solution".

cnancyc

IP-Man

@cnancyc 

You may need to do a clean uninstallation of your Zoom client to resolve this issue.

If you have a Mac -  try uninstalling Zoom by using their uninstall file instead of putting the Application in the trash.

You can do this by going to Applications -> right clicking on zoom.us -> Show package contents -> open Contents -> open Frameworks -> use the ZoomUninstaller file.

After this, try to reinstall Zoom again.

Hope this helps.

If this has answered or help find a solution to your question , please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Cheers!

KAlstrin
Listener

This appeared to work temporarily. Although, there was not an uninstall file anywhere in the Zoom package client folder. When I turned on Team Viewer Quick Support to view my client’s device (Braillenote) the problem resumed. Glad your solution worked for someone else. However, as the original poster, the problem is not resolved!