cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice echo issue on zoom webinar

agallardo
Listener

I'm having an echo issue with 2 way communication for zoom webinars. I have live participants in a building atrium and people dialing in. When someone in the atrium talks on a microphone, the people dialed in hear the person echo. But if a remote person talks, their voice sounds fine coming through the speakers in the atrium. 

Here is my setup. I've also attached a layout of the setup

1. Allen & Heath QU-16 sound board

a. Handheld microphones are connected (XLR)

b. MacMini is connected (XLR to 3.5mm)

2. Roland VR50HD AV Mixer

a. XLR connected from QU-16 sound board to Audio In

b. MacBook Pro running Webinar Live stream USB to USB Streaming USB3.0/2.0 to USB

I. Microphone is unmuted (so remote people can hear presenter in atrium)

II. VR50HD is selected for the camera

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

My first recommendation is that you should only have one microphone active in the atrium at a time. Next, check the placement of your speaker to ensure there is little or no opportunity for  it’s sound to be picked up by any microphones. 

Question: which machines are logged into Zoom?

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ray_Harwood

My first recommendation is that you should only have one microphone active in the atrium at a time. Next, check the placement of your speaker to ensure there is little or no opportunity for  it’s sound to be picked up by any microphones. 

Question: which machines are logged into Zoom?

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Hello Ray, Thank you for the information, this has helped. I had 1 or 2 laptops and the MacMini. I removed 1 MacBook Pro and still had the other issue. But what I did is remove 1 MacBook Pro and plugged a 3.5mm to XLR from the sound board into the MacBook Pro hosting the webinar. This seems to have resolved the echo.

Thank you.