cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual Backgrounds

Idea01
Listener

I have a MAC Book Pro version 12.2.1, processor 2.7 GHz dual-core intel core i5, memory 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3. I have the latest edition of windows installed because I prefer their products. 

I have a job interview and the potential employer / interviewer sent me their Zoom link. Here is my question: I want to download a professional virtual background for this interview. If I am using their zoom link can I still use the virtual background? I was thinking of even using a blurred background. Is this possible if I am using their zoom link? If I can use my virtual background how can I successfully achieve this? I am somewhat challenged in this area. 

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

So you are saying that I would use their link and set-up the virtual background on their link? If that is true, then I should go to their Zoom link and upload the background? Thanks!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

tobyfromrea
Community Champion | Customer

Hey @Idea01 👋

Yes you should be able to upload your virtual background before the meeting. Simply visit https://zoom.us/profile/setting and scroll down to the section titled 'Virtual background'. Alternatively you can just blur your IRL background for added privacy.

I've never done a Zoom interview before but if it were me, I would totally choose something fun (some good ideas here) that is a talking point. I guess it all depends on what kind of role you are applying for! 😉

All the best for your interview - I hope you smash it! 🤞

PS. If this was helpful, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button below! 🙌

So you are saying that I would use their link and set-up the virtual background on their link? If that is true, then I should go to their Zoom link and upload the background? Thanks!

Please read my last message...I accidently clicked on the wrong button. I went to the link you provided. Can you give me instructions on how to upload my virtual background? Maybe you can provide screen shots? This is my first time trying this. Thanks again 🙂

So you are saying that I would use their link and set-up the virtual background on their link? If that is true, then I should go to their Zoom link and upload the background? 

Also, thanks for providing the link. Can you give me instructions on how to upload the virtual background? Maybe you can provide screen shots? This is my first time trying this. Thanks again 🙂

tobyfromrea

Hey @Idea01, take a look at this support article that includes a really great instructional video:
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/210707503-Changing-your-Virtual-Background-image
Hope that helps! 🙌 

FlyDun
Listener

Need stunning Zoom backgrounds? Show off your personality and interests during Zoom meetings. FineShare allows you to create unique, fun, and creative backgrounds in seconds—powered 100% by AI. You can find it here: Zoom Background.