cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual Background can't support Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2019)

MatthewLam
Listener

Hi,

Anyone knows why the virtual background of ZOOM doesn't support Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2019)?

MT

4 REPLIES 4

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @MatthewLam do you have virtual background enabled here? Try updating or uninstalling/reinstalling Zoom? Looking into your specs -- you should be able to use virtual background. This feature requires Android 8.0 or higher and a processor with 8 or more cores. Supported processors include Qualcomm 835, Samsung Exynos 9810 and Huawei Kirin 980.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

I have the same issue but I have a Samsung S6 lite with Exynos 9611 processor. And when I’m on zoom there is no virtual background button anymore. I have uninstalled the app several times and I also have logged out of the app several times and log back in but I still do not see the virtual background tab available anywhere on the Zoom app for my Samsung tablet. 

Use the Desktop client, not the app. Hope this helps!

I have a Samsung A7 lite and do not have the ability to change my virtual background to anything,  not even just a picture. Zoom can do better in 2023! No one wants to/needs to see my messiness.