cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View my meetings on 2 layers. Minimized layer 1 = Speaker only + Full-Screen layer 2 = galery mode

Sascha1
Listener

Hey there,

ich record my meeting on my PC. I want only the "speaker" view to be recordet. But in speaker mode I dont see all the other participants like in galery mode. So I join my on meeting simultaniously in via browser where I can use galery mode. Than I have the galery full-screen und the app minimized on top. That would be a solution but in the browser I can only see very view participants. I would like to see up to 49 participants. Any ideas, solutions?

Thanks and greetings - Sascha from Germany 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sascha1
Listener

Problem solved.
I installed the software "Sandboxie" which allowes to start the Zoom App twice and indipendetly on the same PC. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @Sascha1 

If you have more than one monitor on your computer, you can enable "dual monitor" mode in Zoom. That will enable you to have Gallery View in one window, and Active Speaker or pinned content in a second window.

These windows can then be on separate screens (monitors) or can be scaled to share the same monitor (but you still need to have two monitors connected to use the feature).

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362583-Using-dual-monitors-with-the-Zoom-desktop-client

Hope this helps.

Rupert

Thank you very much. Yes, I found this solution too. But I only have one monitor and even if I would get a second one - I would love to have both layers directly opon each other. So I can talk to one person (minimized app + speaker mode) but have all the others directly in my peripheral perception (full-screen behind). Like that I can kind of feel how everybody is doing. 

Rupert

Hi @Sascha1 

If you can get a second monitor, you do not need to have either of the Zoom windows on it.

Simply having the second monitor will allow you to put Zoom in dual screen mode - but you can put the two Zoom windows anywhere you want - even on the same main screen, even one on top of the other.

You could use a "dummy" HDMI monitor emulator plug to simulate a second monitor, but you'd need to be prepared to catch other windows if they strayed on to the "monitor" your couldn't see.  

Are you using Windows or Mac?

Rupert

Sorry for my late reply. That sounds like a perfect solution. I will order one today. Thank you so much 🙂 - Sascha

Well... didnt work. I am stuck on a empty low resolution monitor and all windows open on the high res monitor which I cant access 🙂

Sascha1
Listener

Problem solved.
I installed the software "Sandboxie" which allowes to start the Zoom App twice and indipendetly on the same PC. 

Mattteo ciao