cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Videocall without host for people from outside my organization

oskarhrdg
Listener

Is it possible to create a video call for two or more attendees from different companies without me in it?

I'd like to create "event" and send links to people so that they can connect at a scheduled time and have a video conversation without me or anyone as a host. 

We're a HR agency and our clients ask us to create calls for them. Until now we create VCs, let them in from the waiting rooms and leave the call with microphone and speakers muted. We would love to be able to not take a part in it and just send them links earlier. 

Is it possible on ZOOM? How to do it?

thanks a lot, Oskar!

7 REPLIES 7

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

If you schedule the meeting with the following settings, this should be possible: 

• Waiting Room - disabled
  • Passcode - enabled and set
  • Join before host - enabled 

This should allow them to join the meeting without the host present, but keep in mind, without the host and waiting room, this meeting is very insecure. It would be possible for someone to join and disrupt the meeting, and without the host to assist, your participants would need to leave and reschedule with you. 

The meeting has the settings you mentioned above, and it's still requiring a Waiting Room. I had removed the Passcode and selected Waiting Room, then changed my mind. I re-entered the Passcode and disabled Waiting Room, but a Waiting Room still appears.

RonniG
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

Hello,

You can schedule meetings and assign an alternative host. However, they must be on the same Zoom account and logged in. You may want to add your clients as licensed users to your account so that you can utilize this function and/or have them give you scheduling privileges

We hope this information is helpful!

Thank you.

guys, thanks for all the information but I cannot find options in my ZOOM such as alternative host nor join before host - is it available only for paid ZOOM licenses?

Bort

Alternative hosts would not work for you since you mentioned these participants are outside of your company, and this feature is for only paid users on the same account. 

Join before host should be available when you are scheduling a meeting, under the Meeting options section: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362413-Scheduling-meetings

RonniG
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

Yes, alternative hosts must be paid users on the same account, i.e. When scheduling a meeting, the host can designate another Licensed user on the same account to be the alternative host.

Join before host is allowed for all users - but if you have a waiting room enabled, it will not allow for join before host which is why I suggest utilizing a passcode instead (Zoom requires either a waiting room or passcode for all meetings). Check the prerequisites here

Thank you.

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @oskarhrdg,

@Bort gives a very good description above.

Also keep in mind, that depending on your license type, you will only be able to have one Meeting in progress at any time originating from your account. Even if you are not in the Meeting as Host - it will still count as a Meeting hosted by you in licensing terms.

Hope this also helps.

Rupert