cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video wonky after updating...

lozzafrance
Listener

Ever since I updated my Zoom the other day, my video has started going all wonky/jumpy and I have to turn off my video. I noticed another presenter having the same experience. This sounds like a bug. Does anyone know is a bug and have any further information?

6 REPLIES 6

AndyB13
Listener

I have a similar problem which started this week (I wasn't using Zoom over Christmas).  If you get a reply please would you let me know? Thanks

nat87
Listener

Same problem over here... The camera is not working correctly on my computer. I use it with other Applications but when meetings are through Zoom the image freezes as soon as I start one, also the image appears in yellow, green and blue, and it melts with the image of the other person if they join the meeting too.

It is affecting my work very badly. This started two days ago (Wednesday morning).

I have checked my PC and no update seems to be due.

lozzafrance
Listener

I got the below response from TS - basically a hard uninstall and reinstall the 64bit version. I do know it is a larger problem as it has started happening since the last update with a number of colleagues. And this is not a coincidence.  It does sound like a bug. But I am going to try the below and fingers crossed it works as it is very distracting having to turn your video on and off etc... 

Hi there,

Good day to you, I hope all is well. I'm from Technical Support of Zoom and I'm more than happy to help you in any way I could.

That might be a Zoom client issue. Please follow these steps on how to get the old installation cleared, and get Zoom reinstalled and working for you.

Please run the CleanZoom.exe application attached on this email and then restart your computer once you confirmed that Zoom has been removed from your machine. Using your machine's default uninstall option from Programs and Features / Add or Remove Programs doesn't clear remnant files of Zoom from your machine.

Once done restarting, please go to Zoom's Download Center and install the 64-bit version of Zoom client as shown below.

lozzafrance_0-1673616617895.png

Once installation is successful, please run a test meeting and let me know what happens.

Regards,
Mark

lozzafrance
Listener

This advice from TS did not help. Has anyone figured out how to fix this? I have been in a number of meetings and webinar sessions where the presenters are experiencing the same thing. This is not an isolated incident. Having to turn your video on and off is distracting for the presenter and also the audience. It is not a usable tool like this?!

AndyB13
Listener

I'm sorry I can't remember where I found this information, but it seems to work?

On Video settings:

Change "Adjust for low light" to manual

On Video settings Advanced:

UNCHECK "Optimise quality of video/ send with de-noise"

I am no techie and I have no idea what this does, but it seemed to work with me when I tried on a limited meeting - I should find out for sure tonight when I have to work!

lozzafrance
Listener

Thank you I will try this. Good luck later I hope it helps!